It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:56 am

[Help] AudioLevel won't recognize my speakers

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
fasistic8dhorn

[Help] AudioLevel won't recognize my speakers

Post by fasistic8dhorn »

I have been trying pretty much everything. earlier this week my visualizer was working just fine, but then it completely stopped reading when I have my speakers plugged in. I have made sure that I updated my drivers, none of them can be used exclusively, I reinstalled rainmeter, and my speakers are set to be my default device. I originally had my monitor plugged into my hdmi output, but then I switched it to display port, restarted and it worked again for abut 10 minutes. I've tried doing that a few more times since, but nothing seems to be working. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, if I unplug the speakers and it switches back to the hdmi or display port the equalizers work just fine! I don't know whether this is an issue with my hardware or what... Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.
fasistic8dhorn

Re: [Help] AudioLevel won't recognize my speakers

Post by fasistic8dhorn »

I wish I could say that that worked, but unfortunately it didn't. I have a 980, so I was able to disble it in the nvidia control panel no problem, but it still isn't being recognised as the default device by AudioLevel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjhrulz
Developer

Re: [Help] AudioLevel won't recognize my speakers

Post by tjhrulz »

Remember that any time you switch devices the skin will likely need to be refreshed if it is in automatic mode.

Also my guess would be that it is the realtek drivers for your system, I have seen a lot of reports from people that the newer ones break AudioLevel. I would try just uninstalling them as they are not needed, also if you have any installed try uninstalling any audio EQ programs as they can sometimes interfere.