It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:20 pm

Apostrophe not displaying correctly

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
NocteSerpent

Apostrophe not displaying correctly

Post by NocteSerpent »

So I've finished creating my skin which displays a different quote for each day but on today's (Sunday) quote, instead of apostrophes it displays an a circumflex, euro sign and TM sign. Any fix for this? https://pastebin.com/tVnHnj0X
Last edited by NocteSerpent on October 22nd, 2017, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Apostrophe not displaying correctly

Post by jsmorley »

Try using ' instead of in the quotes.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

It may also help if you encode the file properly...
Manual wrote:Using Unicode in Rainmeter
Rainmeter skins

Like all Windows applications (since Windows 98), Rainmeter manages and displays all text using the UTF-16 LE Unicode standard. If you wish to embed Unicode characters in Rainmeter .ini (skin) .inc (include) or text files read by the Quote plugin, simply encode the file as:

Unicode (Windows Notepad.exe)
UCS-2 LE BOM (Notepad++)
UTF-16 LE (Sublime Text)

It's that simple. Now you can embed strings like Самое прекрасное в стандартах то, что есть так много, чтобы выбрать из. in your file(s) and Rainmeter will handle them properly on any user's system.

We will refer to this as UTF-16 from here out. While the naming convention varies from editor to editor, it is basically the same standard in each.

NEVER encode any of these files in UTF-8. Rainmeter and the Quote plugin will not be able to properly read them.
NocteSerpent

Post by NocteSerpent »

Thanks jsmorley, guess the website I copied it from was using a weird apostrophe