It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:22 pm

FileView Plugin: Sort by most most recently opened

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Krainz

Re: FileView Plugin: Sort by most most recently opened

Post by Krainz »

balala wrote:I'm not sure I understood what would you like to store as a variable, when the file is accessed.
Example:

#1 - Dragon Age
#2 - Diablo
#3 - Warcraft
#4 - Guild Wars

Every single one of those meters (because they need to be meters in the INI) would have an IndexNo= value

Dragon Age IndexNo=1
Diablo IndexNo=2
Warcraft IndexNo=3
Guild Wars IndexNo=4

If we change that to IndexNo=1+#GlobalIndex#+#Index1plus# we can do some stuff like

Let's say Warcraft is accessed.

The LeftMouseUpAction, in addition to launching Warcraft, would add +10 to the GlobalIndex and -10 to #Index3plus#

That way Warcraft's IndexNo would be 3+10-10, so 3

Dragon Age's IndexNo would be 1+10+0, so 11

Diablo's IndexNo would be 2+10+0, so 12

Guild Wars' IndexNo would be 4+10+0, so 14

The new order of files would be

#1 - Warcraft
#2 - Dragon Age
#3 - Diablo
#4 - Guild Wars

See? I believe this is so easy of a solution that it might be even possible to implement it within FileView itself without any problem. If only I knew how to do that...

But that doesn't work at the moment, am I correct? I mean, we can't have IndexNos for each FileView file meter...

EDIT: please keep in mind that IndexNo wouldn't be the same as the Index option. IndexNo would refer to the order in which the file is displayed, while Index refers to what file the meter is targeting on the folder.

Not to mention there would also be a problem on adapting that logic model so it would work with adding new files to the FileView folder.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

From what I can see the "Date Accessed" is not being updated in Windows 10 explorer; haven't tried other versions.
That is why the plugin never sees any change in the dates.
I tried a few different folders, and the "Date Accessed" never changes after accessing the items... :twisted:

Your idea might work, but I would not want to get into trying to create a sort feature when Windows explorer should do that for you. :x
Krainz

Post by Krainz »

eclectic-tech wrote:From what I can see the "Date Accessed" is not being updated in Windows 10 explorer; haven't tried other versions.
That is why the plugin never sees any change in the dates.
I tried a few different folders, and the "Date Accessed" never changes after accessing the items... :twisted:

Your idea might work, but I would not want to get into trying to create a sort feature when Windows explorer should do that for you. :x
Well, my idea has its pros and cons:

Pros:
- Makes it very easy to "favorite" or pin some files that the end user might want to stay always on the first positions, by simply adding a big number like 999999 to their #Index1plus#, #Index2plus#, #Indexnplus# etc

Cons:
- How the hell do we make that support new files? Create a cache for filenames? And what if the end user renames a file? (despite being renamed it's still one of his most or least used, you get what I mean)