It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:59 pm

Desktop Movement and Honeycomb Mouseover

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Aleckoco

Desktop Movement and Honeycomb Mouseover

Post by Aleckoco »

Hi, I see this desktop and I want to recreate this (https://twitter.com/SimGuruGeorge/status/830123976806457344) but in my own style but I don't know what is the name of the movement plugin/skin/design and I don't know how to make the honeycomb icon mouseover effect, can you help me?

Thanks! ^u^
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Desktop Movement and Honeycomb Mouseover

Post by balala »

Aleckoco wrote:Hi, I see this desktop and I want to recreate this (https://twitter.com/SimGuruGeorge/status/830123976806457344) but in my own style but I don't know what is the name of the movement plugin/skin/design and I don't know how to make the honeycomb icon mouseover effect, can you help me?
Probably yes, but I'm not very sure what is your question: as you said in the subject of your post, there probably are used elements of the Honeycomb skin suite. Do you have this skin installed?
If not, you can find it here: https://apiium.deviantart.com/art/Honeycomb-467211707
On the other hand, about the mouseover effect, that could be done with an ImageTint option, added to the appropriate Image meter (which shows the icon). If you could identify the appropriate Image meter, add to it the following option: ImageTint=150,150,150,150. Then add to the same meter, the following options:

Code: Select all

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageTint "255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageTint "150,150,150,150"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
As you can see I used the same values in both the ImageTint option and on the !setOption bang of the MouseLeveAction option. You can change this value, just take care to use the same value in both options. Try different values, to get the best one, which you like most.
Mor3bane

Re: Desktop Movement and Honeycomb Mouseover

Post by Mor3bane »

Rainmeter does not have a reasonable way of tracking the movement of the mouse pointer.

Someone once said particle physics might be simpler :vomit:

That said, one method, which would incur a lot of lag between iterations would be to create a series of invisible bars across the desktop. Each one would load a horizontally different image based on the root image.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.