It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:55 am

Access printer using .lnk

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Stee1-Storm

Access printer using .lnk

Post by Stee1-Storm »

Hello,

I started Rainmeter yesterday and i wanted to make à Honeycomb to access my printer.

I can go through the folder using :

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=[shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}]
(Devices and Printers in Control Panel).
There i don't know how to start the printer's panel.

Then i decided to create a shortcut but i don't know how to use it.

LeftMouseUpAction=["E:\Donwloads\Printer.lnk"]
isn't working.

Printer's name is "EPSON XP-243 245 247 Series"

Thanks.
kyriakos876

Re: Access printer using .lnk

Post by kyriakos876 »

Is there some .exe file that you normally click on, in order to access your printer? If so, hold down Shift + right click on this file and select "Copy as path" then paste that in brackets [ ] in your code. If that "E:\Donwloads\Printer.lnk" is what you normally click, right click on that and select "Open file location" and there should be that .exe file I mentioned above, when you find that, follow the steps above.
Stee1-Storm

Post by Stee1-Storm »

Hi,

I can't Shift+Right Click on it (because i usually start it from the device itself, it's not a .exe, i double-click the printer from control panel\printers and devices
The printer's panel open in window's explorer and his pathing is : control panel\printers and devices\"myPrinter"

I solved my problem using a .bat
I've made a .bat ("start Printer.lnk") next to the shortcut Printer.lnk and i can use it with :

LeftMouseUpAction=["E:\Downloads\Printer.bat"]
I need to execute a .bat but it works.

I also have a .exe for my printer (provided but EPSON) but i wanted to use only Windows functions (Control Panel).

Thanks for your help.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Oh okay, I'm glad you made it work :)
Dianapak

Post by Dianapak »

Hi, sorry to bump into this thread, but I have no idea what is the code here, but I have a similar issue... I am bad at codes and everything else computer-related, but my friend is good at it, and he told me that I should get a new printer cause the problem is hard to fix. Well, I was searching a lot for a good printer and mostly put my hopes on the reviews. I found this https://www.palmgear.com/best-printer-for-stickers/ that not only have mouthful reviews but also pros and cons of every printer in particular. It helped me very much to decide what I want.
Last edited by Dianapak on February 16th, 2021, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Dianapak wrote: February 11th, 2021, 4:42 pm I havee no idea what is the code here, but I have a similar issue...
There has not been posted a code so far in this topic. Please post yours, along with a description of your issue.