It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:07 am

Limitation for If* expression

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mak_kawa

Limitation for If* expression

Post by mak_kawa »

Just a curiosity. Is there an upper limit for the number of IfCondition/IfMatch expressions? I mean the number is "N" of IfConditionN and IfMatchN.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Limitation for If* expression

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote:Just a curiosity. Is there an upper limit for the number of IfCondition/IfMatch expressions? I mean the number is "N" of IfConditionN and IfMatchN.
No, there is not.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We feel like eighteen quintillion four hundred and forty-six quadrillion seven hundred and forty-four trillion seventy-three billion seven hundred and nine million five hundred and fifty-one thousand six hundred and fifteen IfConditions in a single measure should be enough.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:18,446,744,073,709,551,615

We feel like eighteen quintillion four hundred and forty-six quadrillion seven hundred and forty-four trillion seventy-three billion seven hundred and nine million five hundred and fifty-one thousand six hundred and fifteen IfConditions in a single measure should be enough.
Well, to be honest, I had no idea about this "limitation", but as such, I think this also means I had right and practically there is no limit.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:Well, to be honest, I had no idea about this "limitation", but as such, I think this also means I had right and practically there is no limit.
Yes. While there is pretty much always some "limit" with numbers in computer programs, in this case it pretty much rounds to "infinite", since you would run entirely out of memory long before Rainmeter could reach that number of IfConditions.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:Yes. While there is pretty much always some "limit" with numbers in computer programs,
True.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I suspect that one gets tired of adding strings long before he reaches the limit of IfConditions... ;-) :lol:
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi guys.

Thanks for information. Infinite as the outside of our space...