It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:22 pm

iTunes update messed with my functionality

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

iTunes update messed with my functionality

Post by Mor3bane »

Hello,

Just completed an update of iTunes to 12.7.0.166.

Now my media player skin barely functions, and when it does it ceases to do so any further.

Anyone aware of this as yet - considering the update is like as of yesterday?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
CyberTheWorm

Re: iTunes update messed with my functionality

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Yes there was a post about it, iTunes issue, not much you can do till they fix it.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Bummer. Now that clunky window is necessary. :thumbdown:

Is there any possibility of linking that post, please?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Thanks eclectic-tech

oh boi :vomit:
My DevArt Gallery

tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

We do have a hotfix of sorts ready to go if it turns out this was not an accident. But honestly it is a kludge because Apple removed the events from iTunes that tell us when to update certain info so thus we have to constantly check if things have changed. Also it may just be that Apple is getting ready to remove external control altogether so if you are not too attached to iTunes you may want to just go elsewhere honestly.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Yep, been familiarising myself with WMP - not as versatile but it will suffice.

I am having trouble though with iTunes. I tried to rollback the upgrade with a previous version in the effort to regain functionality.

Unfortunately it backfired, and I get an error message informing me that the attempted version will not work with my Win 10 version.

So now it will not let me re-upgrade - therefore no iTunes for me phone :vomit:

I do not like Android, so my olde iPhone 4s remains my preference, but alas no more additional upgrade - if any - and no more new music :-(

Suggestions?

I tried registry cleaner, but a fix remains unidentified.

The reg cleaner did actually work. :oops:

Help there?
My DevArt Gallery

Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

tjhrulz wrote:We do have a hotfix of sorts ready to go if it turns out this was not an accident. But honestly it is a kludge because Apple removed the events from iTunes that tell us when to update certain info so thus we have to constantly check if things have changed. Also it may just be that Apple is getting ready to remove external control altogether so if you are not too attached to iTunes you may want to just go elsewhere honestly.
Wondering if there has been any development with the hotfix? :D
My DevArt Gallery