It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:19 am

JSON Parsing

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: JSON Parsing

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:- the "first" 1000 calls in a day, are free.
Which I think is completely enough for the purposes of a Rainmeter skin.

Let's see if I found the proper URL. takochako, can you confirm?
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

balala wrote:takochako, are you using the following URL: URL=https://darksky.net/forecast/#Latitude#,#Longitude#/si24/en (where obviously the Latitude and Longitude variables must be defined properly in the [Variables] section)?
Balala have a look at https://darksky.net/dev/docs#data-sources
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

FreeRaider wrote:Balala have a look at https://darksky.net/dev/docs#data-sources
Good point. There is a lot of things to be read there.
takochako

Post by takochako »

fonpaolo wrote:Interesting, Dark Sky is very interesting, only problem it requires a personal key, but:

- the "first" 1000 calls in a day, are free.
- you can personalize the data, include or exclude some.
- you have weather alerts.
- it's translated in many languages.

... and yes, jsmorley, it's a json encoded UTF-8. :uhuh:
Oh... crap... so after 1000 calls I pay or they cut me off? (Lol I started this as a simple meter to get me the current pollen levels, and decided to make a full on weather suite xD)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

takochako wrote:so after 1000 calls I pay or they cut me off?
If fonpaolo is right, after 1000 calls per day. But 1000 calls per day is absolutely enough, I think. You don't have to update the skin so often.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote:Which I think is completely enough for the purposes of a Rainmeter skin.
I can think that's enough for almost everyone...
(let's do some math... 24 hours divided 1000 calls... it's an update in a little more than one minute!) ;-) :lol:
takochako wrote:Oh... crap... so after 1000 calls I pay or they cut me off? (Lol I started this as a simple meter to get me the current pollen levels, and decided to make a full on weather suite xD)
I think you've to pay, but even in this case, it's not really expensive, it's $ 0.0001, unless you need an update every second! :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:I think you've to pay, but even in this case, it's not really expensive, it's $ 0.0001, unless you need an update a second! :D
Yeah, but I think this is not a viable option for Rainmeter. Probably for such cases, you should log in, but this can't be achieved in Rainmeter.
takochako

Post by takochako »

fonpaolo wrote:I can think that's enough for almost everyone...
(let's do some math... 24 hours divided 1000 calls... it's an update in a little more than one minute!) ;-) :lol:

I think you've to pay, but even in this case, it's not really expensive, it's $ 0.0001, unless you need an update every second! :D
Dang it I just read it as "1000 calls" at first, not 1000 calls per day... I'm only updating it every 5 minutes.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

takochako wrote:Dang it I just read it as "1000 calls" at first, not 1000 calls per day... I'm only updating it every 5 minutes.
Which means you won't achieve 1000 calls per day. Right?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

One thing you might do is set Debug=2 on the parent WebParser measure and refresh the skin one time. That will give you a file WebParserDump.txt in the skin folder. Then change the URL to

URL=file://#CURRENTPATH#WebParserDump.txt

While you are designing and testing. That way you don't blow through your 1,000 free calls for the day while you are hammering it over and over to tweak the design.

When you are happy, then change the URL back.