It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:57 am

How do I create this kind of skin ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Dycoth

How do I create this kind of skin ?

Post by Dycoth »

Hi !

I want to have a kind of button on my desk (like a little white or light-blue dot), in the left corner, which play a gif + a sound when I pass my mouse on it.

It would be like a hologram-conversation in videogames, a little windows with someone speaking just a few seconds before disappearing.

Is it possible ? I have a lot of work and I don't really have the time to search for it, if I were on holidays I would try but now I really can't...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do I create this kind of skin ?

Post by balala »

Dycoth wrote:Is it possible ?
It is and it isn't. The only thing with problems would be the playing of the gif, which this way isn't possible. But this trick can solve the question. Accordingly, you have to create the individual frames which compose the gif or the appropriate multi frame bitmap image (depending on which method would be easier for you), then the rest (playing the frames, or the bitmap and the sound) is much easier.
Let's start this way: first read the above description and decide which method would you like to use. Then create the frames or the multi frame image. After all this, come back if you need further help on creating the appropriate skin.