It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:47 am

Hover Over Wallpaper covering up visualizer and eventually entire screeen

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Bluepengie

Hover Over Wallpaper covering up visualizer and eventually entire screeen

Post by Bluepengie »

Hi all! I got back into Rainmeter today, and have what I think is a good foundation for a skin. However, I have an interesting problem. This(http://imgur.com/s0MEdsQ) happens whenever I hover over my icons and the wallpaper changes. Load Order doesn't help, I have the hover wallpapers and the visualizer all on desktop, with the visualizer at a higher load order. I think the problem may be that the wallpapers are technically meters that re-load every time I hover over, but I can't fix it.
Secondary problem, after about 5 minutes the wallpapers take up the whole screen, other elements of the skin and taskbar included.
I think the question I'm asking is, if I have a skin that is frequently being loaded and unloaded, how do you make it consistently load underneath everything else that isn't being switched? Here's the code:

Code: Select all

[ChromeButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=C:\Users\Bluepengie\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Main\Icons\Chrome\Chrome.png

MouseOverAction=!ToggleConfig "Wallpapers\Wallpapers\Icon Column\Chrome" "Chrome.ini"

MouseLeaveAction=!ToggleConfig "Wallpapers\Wallpapers\Icon Column\Chrome" "Chrome.ini"

LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]
And Chrome.ini is just

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=200

[MeterLunch3Image]

Meter=Image

Imagename=#@#Images\ChromeWallPaper.jpg
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Hover Over Wallpaper covering up visualizer and eventually entire screeen

Post by eclectic-tech »

Normally would not respond to these, because I find layering skins as a waste of resources, but my only suggestion might be to change the update in Chrome.ini [Rainmeter] section to Update=-1 since that only show an image that never needs to be updated.

You example image doesn't really show enough to comment any further... :uhuh:
Bluepengie

Post by Bluepengie »

eclectic-tech wrote:Normally would not respond to these, because I find layering skins as a waste of resources, but my only suggestion might be to change the update in Chrome.ini [Rainmeter] section to Update=-1 since that only show an image that never needs to be updated.

You example image doesn't really show enough to comment any further... :uhuh:
That didn't work, unfortunately. Thanks for trying though!
Bluepengie

Post by Bluepengie »

dvo wrote:if you set your skin on the right level it will not happen.
go to manage rainmeter and the skin tab then goto position:
you have a few options ... bottom or on desktop for your wallpaper
and set your other skin ( your buttons, visualizer ect. ) on a normal level
this will fix it ... :thumbup:

if you post the full skin i could try to fix it...
I feel like such a fool...

In packaging my skin to send it to you for further help, I realized they were all in different folders and technically different skins. Now the problem in my original post is solved. Thank you for inadvertently helping, I suppose?