It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:08 am

Query: Can any edge of a skin be "detected" by another skin?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Query: Can any edge of a skin be "detected" by another skin?

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi,

As the post topic implies, I wonder how the edge, e.g. left edge of one skin can be detected by another skin - for placement purposes?

Or even a single pixel being matched by the symbiotic skins for that matter :o

I hope there is such a function :confused:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
fonpaolo

Re: Query: Can any edge of a skin be "detected" by another skin?

Post by fonpaolo »

Maybe this: SnapEdges
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Thanks fonpaolo, I was looking for that to see if it works the way I hope. Just didnt look in the skin section.

I will update when I've given it a go. :thumbup:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

You're welcome. :D
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Looking through the skins section i noticed the "anchorX and anchorY" options.

I may need some help on my idea here.

Using the Anchor option is it possible to have a dynamic variable that causes a skin the appear to be anchored to another skin - relative to the upper left corner?

What I mean to ask, is it possible for the coordinates of one skin to cause the coordinates of another skin to change in tune with any dragging that might occur - e.g. wehn the default placement is changed by the end user?

Just for clarification - I would be happy with the Anchor if it was ultimately static, but i wanted to ask anyway. :)

I am trying to avoid a "whole screen" skin.
My DevArt Gallery

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

There is really no reasonable way to have one skin "know" the size or location of another. You can only have a skin "tell" another skin where it is. So it's a "push", not a "pull".

I don't recommend going down this rabbit-hole. It really can't work right. There will be "lag" when moving skins that you "connect" this way, no matter how you design it. Aside from the "lag", you have "who's the master, and who's the slave?" issues and just hideous Rube Goldberg solutions.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

No worries jsmorley.

I just wanted to ask - and Rube Goldberg issues do not make the enticement any more desireable.

I will stick with the static version.

I also have quality issues with my images at this time so there will likely be a long session with photoshop coming up. 8-)
My DevArt Gallery