It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:37 am

Need help creating a Minimalist skin for my wallpaper

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
TheAspiringNerrd

Need help creating a Minimalist skin for my wallpaper

Post by TheAspiringNerrd »

So the trouble I personally have with a lot of skins is that they do not have a lot of icons that I can personally use, the second problem is that I can never find skins to go along with my wallpaper. the only one I could get to fit was the Moto clock skin.
for reference this is my wallpaper. I basically want to get rid of all icons that appear on the desktop and even the task bar but I still want access to my games and apps.

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need help creating a Minimalist skin for my wallpaper

Post by balala »

Let's see if I understood well what would you like:
TheAspiringNerrd wrote:So the trouble I personally have with a lot of skins is that they do not have a lot of icons that I can personally use,
What you mean by "they do not have a lot of icons that I can personally use"? You would like to see the icons of your desktop, beyond your loaded large skin? If yes, that's easy, just right click skin then go to Settings -> Position and click Bottom or On desktop.
TheAspiringNerrd wrote:the second problem is that I can never find skins to go along with my wallpaper.
You would like to change the loaded skins when you change the wallpaper? If yes, this also is possible, using a trick: you have to check the registry to get the name of the wallpaper and depending on the used one, you can change the loaded skins. But this is what you wanted?
TheAspiringNerrd

Post by TheAspiringNerrd »

balala wrote:Let's see if I understood well what would you like:

What you mean by "they do not have a lot of icons that I can personally use"? You would like to see the icons of your desktop, beyond your loaded large skin? If yes, that's easy, just right click skin then go to Settings -> Position and click Bottom or On desktop.

You would like to change the loaded skins when you change the wallpaper? If yes, this also is possible, using a trick: you have to check the registry to get the name of the wallpaper and depending on the used one, you can change the loaded skins. But this is what you wanted?

Kind of, I've wanted to have something simillar to Honeycomb but the issue I have is the limited amount of icons they have for that skin.
in regards to the wallpaper I meant a skin that would compliment my wallpaper, so far the moto widget seems to do that the best (https://jelle-dekkers.deviantart.com/art/Moto-Widget-1-05-677031883)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TheAspiringNerrd wrote:Kind of, I've wanted to have something simillar to Honeycomb but the issue I have is the limited amount of icons they have for that skin.
I think you can easily add further ones. As many, as you want or need. Their code should be similar to the codes of the existing icons, just have to change the LeftMouseUpActions and maybe the images.
Do you need help on creating new ones?