It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:14 am

Using RGB Layered PNGs - Is it possible?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Using RGB Layered PNGs - Is it possible?

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi,

I am starting a new suite of skins, and I had some old images laying around from a NWN2 Mod pack I designed.

The Images were modifiable in the NWN2 Toolset to be tinted using a RGB layer system.

The individual RGB tints would be modifiable for the users tinting imagination.

I am going to use these images, and the "placeable" system required 3 layers for the "object" to be seen in-game live.

So I have a white layer, which is what I know Rainmeter to be familiar with when it comes to using the ImageTint= variable for an Image meter.

But I thought I'd ask about layers, as that seems to have potential from what I can figure.

Any recommendations on utilising a layered tinting system in Rainmeter?

Thanks, Ed.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Re: Using RGB Layered PNGs - Is it possible?

Post by Mor3bane »

I've been looking at ColorMatrix, however it does not seem functional for what I was asking.

It seems I simply need three layered images, all in the same location - in combination appearing to be a single image, with tinting options for each layer of R,G,B - which would be white so the tint would appear as accurate as possible for the user.

If there is indeed a way to utilise the ColorMatrix parameter, I would like to use that as it would cut down on the image load of the suite, which may be capable of running as many as 40 separate skins, each using a different (potentially) image trio.

I have 38 possible images all ready to be split or matrix-ised.

I certainly will not use that many as it would defs be chaotic on-screen, so likely more like 5 or 6 separate images with the option to be tinted via a variables.inc.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.