It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:50 pm

Is it possible to display the fanspeed of H100i cooler

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
vandey

Re: Is it possible to display the fanspeed of H100i cooler

Post by vandey »

I'll see what I can find out. SIV seems like a really sweet system information suite. Would make it so I don't have to run both speedfan and MSI Afterburner to get GPU and fan stats from. SIV seems to read absolutely everything. I'll post back if I hear anything.
vandey

Re: Is it possible to display the fanspeed of H100i cooler

Post by vandey »

Good thing the author of the plugin included his/her source code so I could look to see how it gets values out. I've found one piece that seems to be the issue. But more so it's lacking the documentation around when using Header sensors.

Seems my other post didn't get posted... In any case the version of the plugin when reading strings you need to specify the SivType=String

The function used to get the values out always returns a double. The 2nd function works similarly but when you specify the type it will return the raw value instead. Seems the plugin works fine, but the documentation is lacking as indicated by this post. Also it'd be nice if SIV could have some sort of variable refresh rate set. Right now it's about every second or so that it updates values, my other measures that read directly from my system refresh at much higher rate than every second. So it'd be nice to be able to have some sort of variable refresh rate. I'll probably end up contacting the developer of SIV to see if they can make an addition to be able to set a refresh rate. It's more probably me just being picky but I have all sorts of histograms that I dont want to look like blocks.

EDIT: I also found that rainmeter with this plugin and SIV adds the information to the system registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SIV... Not sure that I like that it messes with the registry.