It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:36 pm

Is it possible to display the fanspeed of H100i cooler

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ronnymees

Is it possible to display the fanspeed of H100i cooler

Post by ronnymees »

Hi,

I monitor all my computer stuff via Rainmeter.
The only thing I am missing is the fan speed of the fan's of my H100i CPU cooler.
Is this possible ? Is there software that monitors that and has a plugin for rainmeter ?

Ronny
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Is it possible to display the fanspeed of H100i cooler

Post by balala »

ronnymees wrote:The only thing I am missing is the fan speed of the fan's of my H100i CPU cooler.
Is this possible ?
Probably it is. Although I don't use it, I think you have to use the SpeedFan plugin, along with the SpeedFan application. The example code on the above page of SpeedFan plugin, gives you a sample how to create a measure which returns the fan speed ([MeasureFanSpeed]).
ronnymees

Post by ronnymees »

Already tried speedfan. It doesn't read the fan speed of the fans controlled by the corsair cooling block H100i.
arty_fish

Post by arty_fish »

Have you tried HWiNFO? It supports Corsair Link judging by the following post in the HWiNFO forum:

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Solved-HWInfo-and-Corsair-Link
ronnymees

Post by ronnymees »

Hi,

Also tried HWMonitor but it doesn't detect the H100i fans, only the speed of the pump but that is always at max rpm.

any other ideas ?

Ronny
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ronnymees wrote:Hi,

Also tried HWMonitor but it doesn't detect the H100i fans, only the speed of the pump but that is always at max rpm.

any other ideas ?

Ronny
You could look at SIV ~ System Information Viewer... it added controls for Corsair Link in the latest version. :)

Haven't tried to incorporate SIV into a skin... :(
ronnymees

Post by ronnymees »

Okay,

Many thanks to eclectic-tech !

SIV is indeed the answer to displaying the FAN RPM from a H100i in rainmeter.

- Just add the SIV plugin to rainmeter.
- Get your sensor name via Sentest.exe ( runs in command prompt )
- Use like any normal measure

Problem Solved !

Ronny :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad to help!

Thanks for the reminder about the SIV Plugin! :thumbup:
vandey

Post by vandey »

Trying to use this with Rainmeter version 4.0.0 r2746 and having issues. Is this version supported? I dropped the plugin into the plugin folder for rainmeter but when I try to create a measure with it it says that it cannot return the information. I have SIV64X running and the sentest works but I cannot get it to read the measure... Please help!

Was trying to do a simple measure to test it out... Based on reading your documentation the GPU Name is in the H sensor group and the key on my shows H\GPU-0-NAM do I leave the H\ off? If I do my rainmeter stops working and shuts down.

Rainmeter displays this... SIV.dll: Failed to Read value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SIV.dll: Failed to Read value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SIV.dll: Failed to Read

[Mse_SIV_GPU_Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\SIV.dll
SivKey=H\GPU-0-NAM
SivSensor=H
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

vandey wrote:Trying to use this with Rainmeter version 4.0.0 r2746 and having issues. Is this version supported? I dropped the plugin into the plugin folder for rainmeter but when I try to create a measure with it it says that it cannot return the information. I have SIV64X running and the sentest works but I cannot get it to read the measure... Please help!

Was trying to do a simple measure to test it out... Based on reading your documentation the GPU Name is in the H sensor group and the key on my shows H\GPU-0-NAM do I leave the H\ off? If I do my rainmeter stops working and shuts down.

Rainmeter displays this... SIV.dll: Failed to Read value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SIV.dll: Failed to Read value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SIV.dll: Failed to Read

[Mse_SIV_GPU_Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\SIV.dll
SivKey=H\GPU-0-NAM
SivSensor=H
I am getting the same error with V1.0.1.0, this doesn't happen with V1.0.0.0 of the plugin...

However, neither versions are working for me; they return a numeric value unrelated to SIV query parameters. :uhuh:

You might try contacting the plugin author concerning this issues on the SIV site...