It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Question about Image transparency and MouseOverAction

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Gchef65

Question about Image transparency and MouseOverAction

Post by Gchef65 »

I've been modifying a simple launcher to have one button open a list of other buttons, when the cursor hovers over it. I was trying to use some transparent background images to bridge the gap between text and to expand the area that you can hover in, like I have in this gif. The green box uses MouseOverAction to keep the list unhidden and MouseLeaveAction to hide it again.

However, whenever I make the green box transparent, MouseOverAction doesn't doesn't work, Like in this gif. The only thing I changed was to set the transparency to 0.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to get this to work or on a better way of doing this? I can provide the code if you need it. Thanks a lot for your help.

Edit: I also have a image from the word Games to the next column that has a MouseOverAction to unhide the games list.
Last edited by Gchef65 on July 14th, 2017, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mak_kawa

Re: Question about Image transparency and MouseOverAction

Post by mak_kawa »

What if you set the transparency to 1?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Set the opacity to "1", not "0". Then it will be "invisible", but still react to the mouse.
Gchef65

Post by Gchef65 »

That worked thanks a lot. Kind of an odd issue to me. Does rainmeter just ignore images with 0 transparency?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Gchef65 wrote:That worked thanks a lot. Kind of an odd issue to me. Does rainmeter just ignore images with 0 transparency?
Yes it does. Fully transparent areas of the skin, with an opacity of "0", are not detected by the mouse. This is of great benefit in many cases, but must be considered when changing something between "visible" and "invisible". An opacity of "1" is how you deal with that.