It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:32 pm

String that goes narrower in the distance?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: String that goes narrower in the distance?

Post by balala »

deXxterlab97 wrote:I am used to use SolidColor=0,0,0,1 to make transparent parts clickable but since the area that SolidColor is covered by a rectangle not the angled text what would the best alternative? I am thinking of making another transparent shape behind it but that's seems bit cluttered
Can't recommend a good practice for this question. Creating an almost transparent shape behind (or even in front of) the string can be a good idea, but if the settings and/or the string itself changes, you have to adjust the shape in each update cycle, so in these cases a such approach will be again hard enough to be used.
But if the angle is constant (10 degrees), you don't even need any solution, because the string rotated with 10 degrees almost covers the same surface as the not rotated one, so practically doesn't worth to work with it. To see what I'm talking about, replace the SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option of the string meter with SolidColor=255,0,0,80, which will give you a well visible red background. See how the string itself and the red background are positioned relative to each other.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deXxterlab97

Post by deXxterlab97 »

balala wrote:Can't recommend a good practice for this question. Creating an almost transparent shape behind (or even in front of) the string can be a good idea, but if the settings and/or the string itself changes, you have to adjust the shape in each update cycle, so in these cases a such approach will be again hard enough to be used.
But if the angle is constant (10 degrees), you don't even need any solution, because the string rotated with 10 degrees almost covers the same surface as the not rotated one, so practically doesn't worth to work with it. To see what I'm talking about, replace the SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option of the string meter with SolidColor=255,0,0,80, which will give you a well visible red background. See how the string itself and the red background are positioned relative to each other.
despite the fact 10 degrees isn't much (i did test with solidcolor but the gap on top right corner that it leaves is still too much, especially my laptop is running at lower resolution) i still end up with a transparent shape instead

what i don't get it is how can non string part are still clickable despite the shape has no LeftMouseAction or is it how it suppose to go?

Code: Select all

[TestP2]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 440,50,200,80 | Rotate 10 | Fill Color 0,0,0,100

[TestPause2]
Meter=String
MeasureName=TestPause
FontFace=Dudu Calligraphy
FontColor=255,255,255,255
AntiAlias=1
Angle=(Rad(10))

LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MusicCover" "Pause"]

InlineSetting=Size | 44
InlinePattern=^.{0}(.).*$

InlineSetting2=Size | 46
InlinePattern=^.{1}(.).*$

InlineSetting3=Size | 48
InlinePattern=^.{2}(.).*$

InlineSetting4=Size | 50
InlinePattern=^.{3}(.).*$

InlineSetting5=Size | 52
InlinePattern=^.{4}(.).*$

X=450
Y=25
W=200
H=100

deXxterlab97
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deXxterlab97 wrote:what i don't get it is how can non string part are still clickable despite the shape has no LeftMouseAction or is it how it suppose to go?
The rotated string behaves as if it had not rotated. This means that is clickable that part of the string meter, which belong to the not rotated meter, even if on the rotated string, those parts seem to not belonging to the meter. Even if this link is about the TransformationMatrix option, the same applies to the Angle option, too, so read the last paragraph here.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

*Random reply*
You could make all 24 letters on photoshop with an angle and then just parse those images changing the width and the height of each as the text goes farther.