It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:39 pm

Quote Plugin with mouseaction to select a static image in a separate Skin? [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Quote Plugin with mouseaction to select a static image in a separate Skin? [solved]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi,

I have a nice little slideshow skin that uses QuotePlugin.

Is it possible by utilising a MouseAction to select a single favourite that shows in another image skin and remains static until a new MouseAction selection?

Thanks for any suggestions/help.

I don't know where to start :???:
Last edited by Mor3bane on July 12th, 2017, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Quote Plugin with mouseaction to select a static image in a separate Skin?

Post by jsmorley »

At a high level, what I would do is something like this:

In the slideshow skin:

Code: Select all

[MeasureImage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=QuotePlugin
PathName=#@#Images
FileFilter=*.bmp;*.jpg;*.png
UpdateDivider=30

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=MeasureImage
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "MeterFavoriteImage" "ImageName" "[MeaureImage]" "#SKINSPATH#\FavoriteImage\FavoriteImage.ini"][!Refresh "FavoriteImage"]
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/bangs/#WriteKeyValue

In the other "FavoriteImage" config / skin:

[MeterFavoriteImage]
Meter=Image
You can set some "starting" ImageName on this meter if you want, but it will only be used until the first time you select one from the skin with the QuotePlugin measure.
Last edited by jsmorley on July 11th, 2017, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I had a mistake in my initial post. You need the full path and filename of the file you want to "write" to:

LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "MeterFavoriteImage" "ImageName" "[MeaureImage]" "#SKINSPATH#\FavoriteImage\FavoriteImage.ini"][!Refresh "FavoriteImage"]
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Thanks jsmorley :)

My meters have a few odd features so I will post what I have in each, as I am not seeing the intended result - even if I think I understand what is meant to be going on in your example.

Main Quote Skin:

[Rainmeter]
Update=100
ContextTitle=Variables.inc
ContextAction=["#@#RoundVariables.inc"]

[Metadata]
Author=Morbane

[Variables]
@Include=#@#Variables.inc

[FrameCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=counter % 150

[PhotoDir]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=QuotePlugin
PathName=E:\ArtOne\Fuzzies\
Subfolders=0
FileFilter=*.jpg;*.png;*.gif

[MeterSelect]
Meter=Image
ImageName=PhotoDir
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "MeterFavouriteImage" "ImageName" [PhotoDir]" "FavouriteImage"][!Refresh "FavouriteImage"]

[Border1]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Background.png
AntiAlias=1
Y=0
X=0
W=491
H=492
UseExifOrientation=1
DynamicVariables=1

[AtomView]
Meter=Image
ImageName="#@#atomix\[FrameCalc].png"
Y=45
X=46
W=400
H=400
MouseScrollUpAction=[!HideMeter AtomView][!Refresh]
DynamicVariables=1

[Cover]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=PhotoDir
MaskImageName=#@#mask.png
AntiAlias=1
Y=45
X=46
W=400
H=400
UseExifOrientation=1
MouseScrollDownAction=[!HideMeter Cover][!ShowMeter AtomView][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
UpdateDivider=300
Favourite Skin:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
ContextTitle=Variables.inc
ContextAction=["#@#RoundVariables.inc"]

[Metadata]
Author=Morbane

[Variables]
@Include=#@#Variables.inc

[MeterFavouriteImage]
Meter=Image

[Border1]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Background.png
AntiAlias=1
Y=0
X=0
W=491
H=492
UseExifOrientation=1
DynamicVariables=1

[Cover]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeterFavouriteImage
AntiAlias=1
Y=45
X=46
W=400
H=400
UseExifOrientation=1
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote:Thanks jsmorley :)

My meters have a few odd features so I will post what I have in each, as I am not seeing the intended result - even if I think I understand what is meant to be going on in your example.
See my corrected post. You need the full path and filename of the file you are writing to with !WriteKeyValue.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

HI jsmorley

Ugh, not getting the desired results (nothing actually) :confused:

I noticed the correction so having shown you the whole of both skins, I will just post the relevant Meters:

[MeterSelect]
Meter=Image
ImageName=PhotoDir
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "MeterFavouriteImage" "ImageName" "[PhotoDir]" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Pic Favourite\Round Pic Favourite.ini"][!Refresh "MeterFavouriteImage"]
My DevArt Gallery

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote:HI jsmorley

Ugh, not getting the desired results (nothing actually) :confused:

I noticed the correction so having shown you the whole of both skins, I will just post the relevant Meters:

[MeterSelect]
Meter=Image
ImageName=PhotoDir
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "MeterFavouriteImage" "ImageName" "[PhotoDir]" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Pic Favourite\Round Pic Favourite.ini"][!Refresh "MeterFavouriteImage"]
You need to !Refresh the CONFIG of the skin that you wrote to the .ini for.

LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "MeterFavouriteImage" "ImageName" "[PhotoDir]" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Pic Favourite\Round Pic Favourite.ini"][!Refresh "Round Pic Favourite"]
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

jsmorley wrote:You need to !Refresh the CONFIG of the skin that you wrote to the .ini for.

LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "MeterFavouriteImage" "ImageName" "[PhotoDir]" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Pic Favourite\Round Pic Favourite.ini"][!Refresh "Round Pic Favourite"]
I actually tried that. I think I may have another issue see below Meter that is meant to apply a mask as in the original image-source skin:

[MeterFavouriteImage]
Meter=Image

[Cover]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeterFavouriteImage???
AntiAlias=1
Y=45
X=46
W=400
H=400
UseExifOrientation=1
My DevArt Gallery

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote:I actually tried that. I think I may have another issue see below Meter that is meant to apply a mask as in the original image-source skin:

[MeterFavouriteImage]
Meter=Image

[Cover]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeterFavouriteImage???
AntiAlias=1
Y=45
X=46
W=400
H=400
UseExifOrientation=1
A meter has no "value", you can't bind a meter to another meter with MeasureName=

So what you are going to have to do in this case is have two !WriteKeyValue bangs in the slideshow skin, that writes both ImageName to [MeterFavoriteImage] and ImageName (don't use MeasureName=) to [Cover].
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Like so: ?

[MeterSelect]
Meter=Image
ImageName=PhotoDir
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "MeterFavouriteImage" "ImageName" "[PhotoDir]" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Pic Favourite\Round Pic Favourite.ini"][!WriteKeyValue "Cover" "ImageName" "[Cover]" "#SKINSPATH#\Round Pic Favourite\Round Pic Favourite.ini"][!Refresh "Round Pic Favourite"]
But it's not working :(
My DevArt Gallery