It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:12 am

How to reopen a closed skin?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Everest

How to reopen a closed skin?

Post by Everest »

For some reason, my skin InputNotes spontaneously shrank to a size where only the Close and Move elements were visible. There was no way to bring it back to its normal size where I could read the note content; so, I had to close it. How can I reopen it or, at least, get to the Note information that was in the skin before it started to malfunction? It must be stored on my computer somewhere...

Thank you.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to reopen a closed skin?

Post by balala »

Everest wrote:How can I reopen it or, at least, get to the Note information that was in the skin before it started to malfunction?
I don't know the InputNotes skin, but there are more possibilities to open (load, activate) a skin. Eg right click the Rainmeter icon in the notification area, point to Skins and the list of the installed configs will appear. Go the that one which contains your skin, and in the submenu click (probably) InputNotes.
Everest

Post by Everest »

I did it. The only option in the submenu from the InputNote menu option is InputNote.ini. Clicking on it results in nothing.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Everest wrote:I did it. The only option in the submenu from the InputNote menu option is InputNote.ini. Clicking on it results in nothing.
If the InputNote.ini is checked in the submenu, the appropriate skin is loaded. If it's not, the skin is unloaded.
Please post the code of the skin here.
Everest

Post by Everest »

Thank you.

It is not checked, although the button Unload for this skin is active when the corresponding .ini file is selected in the Rainmeter Manager.

Here is the code:

[Rainmeter]
Author=Chewtoy
DynamicWindowSize=1
BackGroundMode=2
SolidColor=#BG#

[Variables]
BG=0,0,0,1
Font=Tahoma
FColor=255,255,255,180
FSize=9
Effect=Shadow
EColor=0,0,0,150
SColor=120,120,120,150
AA=1

NLSign=///
Title=ToDo
Notes=djfkdjlfjk;sdkjf;sldkf

;--------------
;Measures
;--------------

[MInput]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText.dll
SolidColor=150,150,150,250
FontColor=#FColor#
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=#FSize#
FocusDismiss=1
DefaultValue="#Title#"
Y=0
X=0
Command1=!RainmeterWriteKeyValue Variables Title "$UserInput$" "#CURRENTPATH#Notes.ini"
Command2=!RainmeterRefresh #CURRENTCONFIG#

Command3=!RainmeterWriteKeyValue Variables Notes "$UserInput$" "#CURRENTPATH#Notes.ini" Y=20 DefaultValue="#Notes#" H=100
Command4=!RainmeterRefresh #CURRENTCONFIG#

[NewLine]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#CurrentPath#NewLine.lua
TableName=NewLine
UpdateDivider=10

;--------------
;Calcs
;--------------

;--------------
;Style
;--------------

[Text]
FontColor=#FColor#
FontSize=#FSize#
FontFace=#Font#
StringEFfect=#Effect#
StringEffectColor#EColor#
AntiAlias=#AA#
NumOfDecimals=#NDec#

;--------------
;Graphics
;--------------

[Title]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Text
FontSize=(#FSize#*1.5)
Text=#Title#
LeftMouseUpAction=!RainmeterPluginBang "MInput ExecuteBatch 1-2"
DynamicVariables=1

[Notes]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Text
LeftMouseUpAction=!RainmeterPluginBang "MInput ExecuteBatch 3-4"
Text=%1
Y=R
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

:o
Everest wrote:It is not checked, although the button Unload for this skin is active when the corresponding .ini file is selected in the Rainmeter Manager.
Weird. If it's not checked, means that the skin shouldn't be loaded, but in this case instead of the Unload button, you should have a Load one. I can't say anything more about this.
The code wasn't very useful so far, so please post the link where the skin could be downloaded.
Everest

Post by Everest »

The skin was loaded years ago, I do not remember the link at the time. Right now, Google gives
http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/80146

Can we do it another way: find the content of the note on the computer? That would be perfectly satisfactory for me. I would not use a skin with such unpredictable behavior anymore anyway.

Thank you.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Everest wrote:Can we do it another way: find the content of the note on the computer? That would be perfectly satisfactory for me. I would not use a skin with such unpredictable behavior anymore anyway.
What you mean by "content of the note"? The inputted string? If so, that is saved into the [Variables] section of the Notes.ini file, as the Notes variable.
This is what you wanted?

About the skin, it is working well for me, however it doesn't does too much: a string can be inputted and is saved into the [Variables] section of the skin (as I said above).
Everest

Post by Everest »

I do not see anything valuable in the Variables section. The skin is used for putting quick short notes. The content of the notes is reproduced each time the user logs on and the skin appears on the desktop. So, it is stored on the disk somewhere. I had probably something like 1 K of such notes in the skin. Nothing of that kind is in the Variables section.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Everest wrote:I do not see anything valuable in the Variables section. The skin is used for putting quick short notes. The content of the notes is reproduced each time the user logs on and the skin appears on the desktop. So, it is stored on the disk somewhere.
But I have it there. And based on the code you've posted above, in your case it also should be there, because it is written by the Command3 option of the [MInput] measure.
How does look right now the Notes variable, within the [Variables] section?
Everest wrote:I had probably something like 1 K of such notes in the skin. Nothing of that kind is in the Variables section.
The skin stores just the last note. Just one single.