It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:56 pm

Gmail troubles

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Gmail troubles

Post by balala »

Hi everyone,
It seems again came my turn to ask something. At least in my opinion, this problem is very weird and I can't figure out what's going on.
I've used for long time a skin, to check my Gmail account. Worked perfectly and it still does. But the problem is that doesn't matter what username or password do I set in the skin, it always gets the proper results.
Eg, the following very simple code returns the number of unread emails:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1

[Variables]
UserName=
Password=

[MeasureGmail]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=https://#UserName#:#Password#@gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom
RegExp=(?siU)<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>
StringIndex=1
UpdateRate=300

[MaterGmail]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureGmail
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=12
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=Number of unread emails: %1
If I leave uncompleted the UserName and Password variables, the skin doesn't return anything and I'm getting a (Fetch error) The parameter is incorrect (ErrorCode=87) message in the log. This is ok. But if I enter anything for the two variables, I get the right number of unread emails. Eg with these:

[Variables]
UserName1=a
Password1=b
Obviously neither the username and neither the password isn't correct, they have nothing to do with the real ones, but the skin is working. I tried a lot of things, like logging out in my browser, unloading all skins, except the above one. Nothing helped, the skin still works, even with wrong username and password. I also tried some other such skins, like jsmorley's GMailNotify 2.0, but I'm always getting the same result: if anything is set up for username and password, the skin (any of them) is working. Eg I tried jsmorley's GMailNotify 2.0 with the original variables:

GMailID=YourGMailID
GMailLabel=YourAccountDescription
GMailPassword=YourGMailPassword
and still works.
On the other hand I wanted to check another Gmail account I have. Even if I enter the username and password of this second account, the skin still works with the main account and it doesn't get the number of emails of the second account. And this even if the username and password of the second account are set up.
I also checked the same skins onto another computer. All of them are working perfectly and get the proper results only if the username and the password are set properly, otherwise they are failing.

So, does anyone knows what's going on?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Gmail troubles

Post by jsmorley »

Yes, if you have a cookie set in Internet Explorer, that will override the HTTP authentication.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gmail troubles

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:Yes, if you have a cookie set in Internet Explorer, that will override the HTTP authentication.
You was right, jsmorley. Again. Deleting the cookies, fixed the issue.
Many thanks.