It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 1:28 pm

noob creating a skin size.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
onehotday

noob creating a skin size.

Post by onehotday »

I'am new to this and the rainmeter guide is not very helpful and creating custom skin from scratch. I'am working on a destop background of an aircraft cockpit view and the displays to function as a radar and the knobs to function as a sound control and one screen monitor on the cockpit as a desktop app launcher and another as an CPU and network monitor. However I was not able to find a skin that will fit in the background on the desktop background. How would I be able to find a video or detailed description on creating the skins to work with the background? here is the view of the picture of the desktopbackground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CyberTheWorm

Re: noob creating a skin size.

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Start here, then when you get you skins going you can ask for help
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/getting-started/basic-tutorials/
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
onehotday

Post by onehotday »

I'm not sure if you are reading the subject. The Guide does not refer to an easier form to understanding on sizing of the skin which does not say or examples to make it for first timers to understand.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

There just is no easy answer for you. If you want to create skins that fit in a particular place on a wallpaper background, you are just going to have to design them that way. The tutorials referenced are a good place to start, but you probably have a bit of a road ahead of you.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

onehotday wrote:I'm not sure if you are reading the subject. The Guide does not refer to an easier form to understanding on sizing of the skin which does not say or examples to make it for first timers to understand.
Looking at the background you are going to have to write skins that are a certain size to fit over what you want.
The best way is to start off with a simple skin just so you know how to do things. I would write a skin without using the desktop first, then when you get what you are looking for, then you can modify it to fit your background.
Deviant Art Page
onehotday

Post by onehotday »

Thanks for the replies, I will give it a shot and keep practicing until I can get it right.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

onehotday wrote:Thanks for the replies, I will give it a shot and keep practicing until I can get it right.
That is really the only way to do it. If you get stuck, post your skin and ask for help.
Deviant Art Page