jsmorley
Developer

Re: Degree symbol getting translated

Post by jsmorley »

Correct. There are three kinds of "variables"

User Variables: #VarName#
Built-in Variables: #CURRENTCONFIGX#
Section Variables: [MeasureName]

Any of these must be used in any option of a meter or measure with DynamicVariables IF they are not "static", if they can change.

The only time DynamicVariables isn't required is when they are used in the context of a !Bang, as bangs always are "dynamic" by their nature.

If you are ever uncertain, it is worth saying that you can never use DynamicVariables=1 one time too many, only one time too few. Aside from some really minor "rounds to zero" extra CPU use, It never really hurts where it isn't really needed.
Codger

Post by Codger »

balala wrote:Just add a DynamicVariables=1 option to both the [ScaleDown] and [ScaleUp] measures. They both are using the Scale variable, set up dynamically with mouse scroll, so they need this option.
I snuck back to the other machine for a few moments. I added DynamicVariables=1 to two formulas making no other changes. It set off an avalanche of errors about the two formulas not existing in a variety of areas. Function wise it is still misbehaving exactly the same.

Code: Select all

;===Formulas
[ScaleDown]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Clamp(#Scale#-0.05,0.75,2))
DynamicVariables=1

[ScaleUp]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Clamp(#Scale#+0.05,0.75,2))
DynamicVariables=1
PS: Comprehending why it clicked once before. Thanks for the variable review.
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
"If you are the smartest one in the room, you are in the wrong room."
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Codger wrote:I snuck back to the other machine for a few moments. I added DynamicVariables=1 to two formulas making no other changes. It set off an avalanche of errors about the two formulas not existing in a variety of areas.
I don't know, it works perfectly for me. The only error I get is a RegExp matching one for the [GetWeather] measure, but as I said before, I can't open the Url, neither in my browser, so probably that's why I get that error.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Codger wrote:I snuck back to the other machine for a few moments. I added DynamicVariables=1 to two formulas making no other changes. It set off an avalanche of errors about the two formulas not existing in a variety of areas. Function wise it is still misbehaving exactly the same.
@Codger

I added DynamicVariables=1 to the 2 scale measures of your posted code, and it works; no errors in the log, and it resizes to the limits of the clamp action.

You may be using an old version of your code that contain other changes... not sure what else to say.... download your last posted code, add DynamicVariables=1 to that and see :uhuh:
Codger

Post by Codger »

eclectic-tech wrote:@Codger

I added DynamicVariables=1 to the 2 scale measures of your posted code, and it works; no errors in the log, and it resizes to the limits of the clamp action.

You may be using an old version of your code that contain other changes... not sure what else to say.... download your last posted code, add DynamicVariables=1 to that and see :uhuh:
Well now I feel like an idiot. I've no idea what I did in the interim but going back like you suggested worked like a charm.
Sorry to have wasted your time on that last bit. And a thousand thanks to both of you for your support.

I've one bug left to crack, and one feature to add and I'll have actually have finished one of these things! I've a bunch of mostly complete skins (okay, you converted me from calling them widgets) but none I'd think of sharing.
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

No, you are not alone when making changes to multiple versions, it is easy to grab an older version and then sit and scratch your head,
wondering... "Why are things not working?"

Glad to hear you are at a stable point! :thumbup:

Always happy to try to help! :welcome:
Codger

Post by Codger »

eclectic-tech wrote: Glad to hear you are at a stable point! :thumbup:
I even remembered to backup. So no matter what I inflict on it, I can always get back to here. :)

You guys are mind savers. Can't thank you enough.

... and on to the brave new world of the custom context menu...
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]