It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:13 am

Texture of Text

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
legoatoom

Texture of Text

Post by legoatoom »

Firstly, thank you for reading.
I have been using the MonsterCat Rainmeter skin with Spotify Song Text. I was wondering if there is any way I could make the text not a blank colour, but make it the exact same as my background (even if I move it, it still matches with the background).
Or maybe even some sort of super transparency. It would go through all other skins and show only the background?
Could that be possible?

If you are wondering, but that makes it you can't even see it. I want that. Something behind it will move from time to time to make it eventually readable...

Thank you for your time
A newbie :welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Texture of Text

Post by balala »

legoatoom wrote:I was wondering if there is any way I could make the text not a blank colour, but make it the exact same as my background (even if I move it, it still matches with the background). Could that be possible?

If you are wondering, but that makes it you can't even see it. I want that. Something behind it will move from time to time to make it eventually readable...
Very hard, close to impossible (in my opinion), at least if you want to make it to take all the times the color of background (even if you're moving it).
But maybe this isn't even necessary. You could hide it then just show, when its background (or whatever would be what's moving behind it), moves. Then hide it again.
Would this be a good approach?
legoatoom

Post by legoatoom »

balala wrote:Very hard, close to impossible (in my opinion), at least if you want to make it to take all the times the color of background (even if you're moving it).
But maybe this isn't even necessary. You could hide it then just show, when its background (or whatever would be what's moving behind it), moves. Then hide it again.
Would this be a good approach?
I think you do not quite understand what I am trying to do. Image water going behind it and you can only read the text because the water can not be seen where the text is. Like a black hole where every other thing behind it is just not displayed.

Get it?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

legoatoom wrote:I think you do not quite understand what I am trying to do. Image water going behind it and you can only read the text because the water can not be seen where the text is. Like a black hole where every other thing behind it is just not displayed.
Yeah, but making the string to get the color of its background (when the water isn't behind it), no matter where are you moving the string, is really difficult. At least in my opinion, I can't see right now a simple way to do it.
But what I said was to hide the string, when the water isn't behind it and show it, when it is. I can't see a simpler way to achieve what you want.
Or maybe someone else has a better idea?
legoatoom

Post by legoatoom »

balala wrote:Yeah, but making the string to get the color of its background (when the water isn't behind it), no matter where are you moving the string, is really difficult. At least in my opinion, I can't see right now a simple way to do it.
But what I said was to hide the string, when the water isn't behind it and show it, when it is. I can't see a simpler way to achieve what you want.
Or maybe someone else has a better idea?
Okey thank you. Il think that answers my question.