It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:42 pm

3D Wallpapers

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
AviR

3D Wallpapers

Post by AviR »

I've seen loads of YouTube tutorials for 3D wallpapers with musical visualizers as well.

I follow the video step by step, but it never ends up working.

I drag the folders into the "skins" folder, but when I hit "refresh all" on Rainmeter they don't show up.

Is there any solution to this?
ikarus1969

Re: 3D Wallpapers

Post by ikarus1969 »

A link to the youtube-video(s)?
A link to download the skin you are dragging? (usually there's no need to drag something manually to the skins folder; there should be a so-called "-rmskin"-file which you can doubleclick to install a skin)

Without some more information it will be hard to help you.
AviR

Post by AviR »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4IjPDMWezg

This is the video I had in mind.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

AviR wrote:I've seen loads of YouTube tutorials for 3D wallpapers with musical visualizers as well.

I follow the video step by step, but it never ends up working.

I drag the folders into the "skins" folder, but when I hit "refresh all" on Rainmeter they don't show up.

Is there any solution to this?
The video has a few OOPS moments... :sly:

You have to do more than just press 'Refresh All'...
After creating your image and 'cut.ini' file and placing them in the skins folder...

You have to load your visualizer skin first, then load the 'cut.ini' skin you created, uncheck 'Keep on screen' in settings, adjust it's position to match your wallpaper, then disable 'draggable' and set it as 'Clickthrough' in the settings.

If you are still having problems, we would need to see your images and 'cut.ini'.
OctoPi289

Post by OctoPi289 »

I need help with this as well. I made the cut.ini file(made sure it was .ini, since it has a gear icon), and put it in a folder with the transparent image. I put that folder in the skins folder, but even after loading the visualizer first it didn't appear in the skins manager, even after refreshing. Please help, as I have been working on this project for a few days now.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@ OctoPi289

Let's start at the beginning to see where you are...

What is the name of the folder with your cut.ini and what is the name of your edited image in that folder?

You say you put that folder in the skins folder and refreshed...
To be clear, In the Manage dialog, press the REFRESH ALL button in the lower left corner, to see any folders you added to the skin folder.

Do you see that folder in the list?

The only reason you would not see it, is because there is no valid INI file in the folder. Most likely, Windows added a hidden extension of '.txt' to your 'cut.ini' file, so it is still a text file.

Let's get to a point where you can see the folder...
newskin.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.