It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:05 pm

How can i load this skin instantaneously ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Unisira

How can i load this skin instantaneously ?

Post by Unisira »

What i have is this: http://i.imgur.com/rd0HQ8u.gif
Sidebar.ini is a button that loads some meters. As you can see in the gif, the loading is instantaneously.
Now in Sidebar.ini i have another button that loads another skin, Soft.ini, but now, because Soft.ini is not "preloaded" the display is far for instantaneous, there is a fade effect and some time until the content is viewed. Both skins use FileView, so that's not the problem. How can i solve this and make it display instantaneously just like the sidebar? i guess it should be preloaded somehow.

The button that loads Soft.ini is the meter [SOFT], this is the stuff that i itred and hasn't worked

Code: Select all

[Soft] 
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "Sidebar\Soft" "Soft.ini"]
;The gif, loads slow with fade effect
I also tried import Soft.ini with the include rule and load the meters with [!RainmeterShowMeter], didn't show up anything.

Here is the complete code of both skins
SIDEBAR http://pasted.co/dd7a2946
SOFT http://pasted.co/eeb70c69
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How can i load this skin instantaneously ?

Post by balala »

Unisira wrote:How can i solve this and make it display instantaneously just like the sidebar? i guess it should be preloaded somehow.
Exactly. Try to manually load the Soft.ini and replace the !ToggleConfig with !Toggle. !Toggle will work, only if the Soft.ini is loaded and will just hide or show it:

[Soft]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!Toggle "Sidebar\Soft"]
Again, be careful to manually load the Soft.ini skin, before you try to click the [Soft] meter.

And another advice: both the !Execute bang and the !Rainmeter... bang prefix are deprecated. Remove them.
Unisira

Post by Unisira »

That worked, thanks!
Just one thing, there is a way Soft.ini can load hidden? i added starthidden but is not working

[Rainmeter]
StartHidden=1
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Unisira wrote:That worked, thanks!
Just one thing, there is a way Soft.ini can load hidden? i added starthidden but is not working

[Rainmeter]
StartHidden=1
StartHidden must be added not to the [Rainmeter] section of the skin, but to the appropriate section of the Rainmeter.ini settings file, belonging there. So, open Rainmeter.ini (right click the Rainmeter icon, in the notification area and click Edit settings) and search the name of the config, then add the StartHidden=1 option to that section. Don't forget to completely restart Rainmeter (right click its icon, click Exit then start it again).
Unisira

Post by Unisira »

balala wrote:StartHidden must be added not to the [Rainmeter] section of the skin, but to the appropriate section of the Rainmeter.ini settings file, belonging there. So, open Rainmeter.ini (right click the Rainmeter icon, in the notification area and click Edit settings) and search the name of the config, then add the StartHidden=1 option to that section. Don't forget to completely restart Rainmeter (right click its icon, click Exit then start it again).
Done, thanks! working perfectly now
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Unisira wrote:working perfectly now
I'm glad.