It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:09 pm

Monster Cat Audio Visualizer Not Working with non-HDMI audio devices

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cfoxc

Monster Cat Audio Visualizer Not Working with non-HDMI audio devices

Post by cfoxc »

Hi there everyone, I have tried everything on every other forum thread I have seen and not been able to get the Monstercat Visualizer to work with and audio device other than my monitor connected to my computer via HDMI.

I have two monitors connected and a set of external desktop speakers. The visualizer works when my default audio device is set to my secondary monitor (samsung tv connected via HDMI) but does not work when default audio device is set as my speakers, realtek HD audio device, or my primary monitor (ACER monitor connect via DisplayPort). I can rig it so my speakers connect to the monitor and the visualizer works but I don't plan on keeping the tv as a monitor as I am buying a second acer screen for symmetry purposes and if I do this I won't have any device that works with the visualizer. I Have tried different audio jacks on my computer/mother board, checked to see if all sound/audio drivers for all devices are up to date and they are. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify (that's what I'm using as my media play) and rainmeter as well. I have unchecked all playback devices options to take exclusive control so I'm not sure what is wrong and very close to just giving up and uninstalling altogether. If I am missing anything in the code/config files let me know? I have tried setting both the plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll instead of plugin=AudioLevel as I saw that worked for some people but not for me. I also tried setting Port =Output instead of Input as that worked for some. I cannot find the device ID of my speakers to input into the ID=#AudioDeviceID#. Also, in the volume mixer whenever I have my speakers selected, Rainmeter shows in the mixer but doesn't show any volume level so to me that says it is not picking up the signal going to my speakers. This is interesting to me because the cover art and artist name still displays the correct titles/cover art. Please, any help is much appreciated as I'd love to have this work but am just so frustrated now. Thank you in advanced to any able/willing to help.