It is currently April 20th, 2024, 5:07 am

Algorithmic meter generation?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Shadowcalen1

Algorithmic meter generation?

Post by Shadowcalen1 »

I would like to make a visualizer with variable "bar" density. Does rainmeter have the capability to generate a list, and from that list generate objects/measures?

Example: Say I have a 1080p display and I want a visualizer with 100 bars. Can I write some code that takes screen width (1920), devides by the number of bars 100, and place 100 bar graphs, each with a offset of the end result of the math (19.2) (as a aside, does rainmeter have the capacity to handle decimal displacements, and if it does is it handled by rounding or anti aliasing)?

Assuming the above is possible, is it possible to control its naming scheme (so that you can incrementally assign names to each generated meter/measure) and then read the names from within the meter/measure so that it will be able to algorithmic obtain the correct information (bar density/ measure name*stuff that you need to figure out whatever the bar is trying to measure)?

Or is there a much simpler way of doing this that does not involve manually creating 1000 odd meters and measures (which would impose a hard cap on the potential dimensions of said algorithm). The reason for this is I would like to create a (relitive) easy to edit linear visualizer with support for up to tipple wide 4k (as a aside, is it possible for mutable independently drag able skins that act off the same script?.) This is more about the "what if" and to challenge myself then any actual use case.

Thanks in advance for reading all of this.
Bekarfel

Re: Algorithmic meter generation?

Post by Bekarfel »

No, it's not possible to do what you said in Rainmeter, but you can fake it real well.
What I would do is create a skin for each size wanted, and then create a parent skin that determines the current display's size and loads the appropriate skin. Unfortunately this method is not dynamically scalable.
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...