It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:37 am

Need help for transparent back ground

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
pattyjo33

Need help for transparent back ground

Post by pattyjo33 »

Hi !
I use "Self-Detecting Weather by kop4"
I would like to have a transparent back ground, but I don't know how to do that.
I tried many things but still don't work.
Can you help me ?
Thanks !

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
Blur=1

[Metadata]
Name=
Config=
Description=
Instructions=
Version=
Tags=
License=
Variant=
Preview=

[Variables]
@Include=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\Settings\Variables.inc

@Include2=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\Settings\Styles.inc

Font=Arial Black
FontSize=24
FontColor=255, 255, 255, 255
FontInactive=255, 255, 255, 0

;=====makes blur region=====

[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
W=190
H=50
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter flip][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter flip][!RainmeterRedraw]

[mWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=3600
Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/FRAQ0172:1:FR?cc=*&unit=#Type#&dayf=6
RegExp="(?siU).*<locale>(.*)</locale>.*<ut>(.*)</ut>.*<ud>(.*)</ud>.*<us>(.*)</us>.*<up>(.*)</up>.*<ur>(.*)</ur>.*<loc id="(.*)">.*<dnam>(.*)</dnam>.*<tm>(.*)</tm>.*<lat>(.*)</lat>.*<lon>(.*)</lon>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<zone>(.*)</zone>.*<cc>.*<lsup>(.*)</lsup>.*<obst>(.*)</obst>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<flik>(.*)</flik>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<bar>.*<r>(.*)</r>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<vis>(.*)</vis>.*<uv>.*<i>(.*)</i>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<dewp>(.*)</dewp>.*<moon>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*"
StringIndex=1
IfAboveValue=1
IfAboveAction=!execute [!RainmeterHideMeter mWeatherDesc][!RainmeterHideMeter mWeatherTemp][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterText]
;Debug=1

[mWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[mWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=17

[mWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[mWeatherRSS]
Substitute="Clear":"Clair","Cloudy":"Nuageux","Sunny":"Ensoleillé","Partly Nuageux":"Partiellement#CRLF#Couvert","Fair": "Légèrement#CRLF#couvert","Mostly Nuageux":"Très Nuageux","Fog":"Brouillard","Mist":"Brumeux","Light Rain":"Pluie Légère","Light Drizzle":"Bruine légère","Patches of Brouillard":"Nappes de brouillard","Drizzle":"Bruine","Windy":"Venteux","Rain":"Pluie"
StringIndex=19

[mIcon]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[mWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=20

[MeterText]
Meter=String
Text="Not available."
MeterStyle=Label

Hidden=1

[MeterTemp]
MeasureName=mWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=80
Y=5
MeterStyle=Label
Postfix="° #postfix#"

[MeterDesc]
MeasureName=mWeatherDesc
Meter=STRING
X=80
Y=20

MeterStyle=Label
[MeterIcon]
MeasureName=mIcon
Meter=IMAGE
X=10
Y=5
w=60
h=60
Antialias=1

[flip]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=#White#
X=165
Y=40
W=10
H=10
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute [!RainmeterActivateConfig "#CURRENTCONFIG#" "Settings.ini"]
Hidden=1
CyberTheWorm

Re: Need help for transparent back ground

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Try this link to the documentation https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/rainmeter-section/ It has what you need.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need help for transparent back ground

Post by balala »

pattyjo33 wrote:Hi !
I use "Self-Detecting Weather by kop4"
I would like to have a transparent back ground, but I don't know how to do that.
Not sure what you mean by "transparent back ground", because a such totally transparent background is absolutely useless. You can't click it, you can't drag it, I don't see its utility.
However any "solid" background can be created with the following two options added to the [Rainmeter] section:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=80,80,80,160
Obviously, you have to add to the SolidColor option the desired color (be careful, the last number is the transparency of the background). A completely transparent background would have this last number 0, but to can interact with the background, use 1. This way the background is still invisible, but you'll be able to click it.
Optionally, in many cases it can be useful to set a width and a height for your skin, using the SkinWidth and SkinHeight options, added to the same [Rainmeter] section.

Sorry CyberTheWorm, you beat me this time, but I'd have an addition to your reply: actually the needed link is: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/rainmeter-section/#BackgroundOptions