It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:26 am

Launching a skin from another skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Joker73

Launching a skin from another skin

Post by Joker73 »

I'm a newbie and I've one question: I've a dock (using silmeria or the one included in the Rusa Jantan suite) and I'd like to touch an icon on the dock and launch a skin (for example, a weather skin) and touch it again and close that weather skin. Is that even possible?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Launching a skin from another skin

Post by balala »

It certainly is. You have to use the !ToggleConfig bang. Eg add the following LeftMouseUpAction to your icon (probably image meter?): LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "YourConfig" "YourINIFile"]. This will load the skin if it's not loaded and will unload it, if it is.
Don't forget to use the appropriate config and ini file names.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

If I can give you a suggestion, Joker73, the idea is good if you load and unload skins for launchers and/or for accessing files on your computer.
If you want to load something connecting to internet, instead, it's better to show and hide the skin, rather than load and unload it.
Depending how many times you use the launcher, every time you load it, it will connect to internet to obtain data and you can be blocked by the site if you do it too often.
Joker73

Post by Joker73 »

balala wrote:It certainly is. You have to use the !ToggleConfig bang. Eg add the following LeftMouseUpAction to your icon (probably image meter?): LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "YourConfig" "YourINIFile"]. This will load the skin if it's not loaded and will unload it, if it is.
Don't forget to use the appropriate config and ini file names.
I'm trying to launch this weather skin:
http://mistrjosh.deviantart.com/art/MinimalOne-Weather-1-0-510234680

What do I have to write instead of "YourConfig"?
Joker73

Post by Joker73 »

fonpaolo wrote:If I can give you a suggestion, Joker73, the idea is good if you load and unload skins for launchers and/or for accessing files on your computer.
If you want to load something connecting to internet, instead, it's better to show and hide the skin, rather than load and unload it.
Depending how many times you use the launcher, every time you load it, it will connect to internet to obtain data and you can be blocked by the site if you do it too often.
Thanks for your help. I've two things in my to-do list:
- Launch this weather skin (http://mistrjosh.deviantart.com/art/MinimalOne-Weather-1-0-510234680) by touching an icon on a dock I've downloaded.
- Launch a secondary dock with browser bookmarks by touching another icon.

How do I show and hide the weather widget from above? Sorry, I'm a total newbie.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Joker73 wrote:What do I have to write instead of "YourConfig"?
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "MinimalOne Weather" "MinimalOne_Weather.ini"]
YourConfig would be the name of the config. Here you can find out what this means.
Joker73 wrote:How do I show and hide the weather widget from above? Sorry, I'm a total newbie.
Load the skin manually, then show or hide it with the following LeftMouseUpAction option: LeftMouseUpAction=[!Toggle "MinimalOne Weather"] or LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFade "MinimalOne Weather"] (this last one, at least in my opinion, looks even better, then the simple !Toggle).
Joker73

Post by Joker73 »

balala wrote:LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "MinimalOne Weather" "MinimalOne_Weather.ini"]
YourConfig would be the name of the config. Here you can find out what this means.

Load the skin manually, then show or hide it with the following LeftMouseUpAction option: LeftMouseUpAction=[!Toggle "MinimalOne Weather"] or LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFade "MinimalOne Weather"] (this last one, at least in my opinion, looks even better, then the simple !Toggle).
Thank you so much. It works like a charm.
I've added the first formula to the dock icon and the second one to the weather skin. It works well but I don't know if that's what you said to me.
Also, another question: I've a dock from Rusa Jantan suite. I'd like to touch an icon from this dock and launch a secondary dock with more app shortcuts from the same suite. Can I have two same skins loaded at the same time?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Joker73 wrote:I've added the first formula to the dock icon and the second one to the weather skin. It works well but I don't know if that's what you said to me.
By formula, you mean option (eg the LeftMouseUpAction option)?
If you've added any of the LeftMouseUpAction=[!Toggle "MinimalOne Weather"] or LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFade "MinimalOne Weather"] option (which in my post is the second one, these two being variations of the same bang) to the weather skin itself, this doesn't seem too useful. If you hide the weather skin clicking it, you won't be able to bring it back, because you can't click a hidden skin.
Joker73 wrote:Also, another question: I've a dock from Rusa Jantan suite. I'd like to touch an icon from this dock and launch a secondary dock with more app shortcuts from the same suite. Can I have two same skins loaded at the same time?
Simply not, but you can create another folder inside you root config and copy the whole content of the first one, there. Eg, if the root config is RusaJantanSuite (I don't know how is it named, but let's suppose so), and you have there a Dock folder, which contains the FirstDock.ini skin file, just create next to Dock folder a Dock2 one and copy the whole content of Dock here. Then refresh all (right click Rainmeter tray icon and click Refresh all). Now you can see the Dock2 and the copied ini file inside and can load it.
Joker73

Post by Joker73 »

balala wrote:By formula, you mean option (eg the LeftMouseUpAction option)?
If you've added any of the LeftMouseUpAction=[!Toggle "MinimalOne Weather"] or LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFade "MinimalOne Weather"] option (which in my post is the second one, these two being variations of the same bang) to the weather skin itself, this doesn't seem too useful. If you hide the weather skin clicking it, you won't be able to bring it back, because you can't click a hidden skin.

Simply not, but you can create another folder inside you root config and copy the whole content of the first one, there. Eg, if the root config is RusaJantanSuite (I don't know how is it named, but let's suppose so), and you have there a Dock folder, which contains the FirstDock.ini skin file, just create next to Dock folder a Dock2 one and copy the whole content of Dock here. Then refresh all (right click Rainmeter tray icon and click Refresh all). Now you can see the Dock2 and the copied ini file inside and can load it.
Thank you again for your help.
For "formula" I mean the green code that you guys wrote to me. In the weather skin project I've written:
On the icon on my dock, the code: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "MinimalOne Weather" "MinimalOne_Weather.ini"]
And, on the weather skin itself I've written the code: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFade "MinimalOne Weather"]

What do I should do in order to follow your suggestion about showing and hiding that skin?

For the dock project, you say to me to duplicate the dock folder and launch the second dock.ini by touching another icon on the main dock. Am I right?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Joker73 wrote:And, on the weather skin itself I've written the code: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFade "MinimalOne Weather"]

What do I should do in order to follow your suggestion about showing and hiding that skin?
As I said above, this doesn't seem very useful, because once the skin hidden, you can't show it again, due to the fact that you can't click a hidden skin. I'd add the !ToggleFade bang to the another skin (which can be either the dock or another), keeping this way the possibility to both show and hide the weather skin. Just be careful, if you add it to the dock skin, you won't be able to load the weather skin through the dock skin if it's not, just to hide / show it, after a manual load.
What you do, depends on what you'd like.
Joker73 wrote:For the dock project, you say to me to duplicate the dock folder and launch the second dock.ini by touching another icon on the main dock. Am I right?
Exactly. But it should be borne in mind that if the dock skin uses an inc file (usually) within the @Resources folder, the two copies of the skin will work with the same parameters. Probably you should replace an @Include option in one of them. For a specific advice, please post the code of that skin.