It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:04 am

Loading skins manually every startup

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Loading skins manually every startup

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Greetings!

This question may seems to be an odd one, but i am thinking of starting manually my skins with every rainmeter start.
My concept would like this:

Windows starts, loads Rainmeter. Rainmeter loads one single skin automatically, which would count to 30 seconds, then would load all my other skins.
So basically i would like to delay my Rainmeter skins to auto-load, because i want to load the system things first, like antivirus, antimalware, etc...

Is this possible somehow? (except clicking manually the rainmeter.exe file)
FreeRaider

Re: Loading skins manually every startup

Post by FreeRaider »

The problem is that rainmeter.ini remembers the skins you have already loaded in the previous boot.

So perhaps it's convenient to use a software that will delay the startup of rainmeter.exe.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Yes, that is my problem, the rainmeter.ini must not be bothered. And it's very complicated create a loader-unloader skin. But on the second thoughts, probably that will be the only solution.
Seems complicated without any software, but probably can be achieved.
There could be a windows shut-down skin, which also would responsible for load and unload all custom skins. Only difficulty is editing all the time the skins list! I mean if i add or remove skins from loading-unloading list. I don't know, i try to achieve things as possible without any second party softwares.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Just create a batch file in windows to load rainmeter after a delay.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I would use Layouts. You can add a !LoadLayout bang to the command line on the shortcut that launches Rainmeter in your Startup folder:

"C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "My Saved Layout"

Have that Layout simply load one skin, that counts for 30 seconds and then executes another !LoadLayout bang that loads the real setup you want to use.

That way any time you reboot, it will start over.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Wow, super ideas! :thumbup:
Thank you all for the great helps!!! :D
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

jsmorley, to be clear: give two layouts, layout1 is one skin counting 30 seconds and layout2, one or more main skin(s), if I use your advice, I have

Windows starts, loads Rainmeter. Rainmeter loads layout1, passed 30 seconds, then would load layout2. So if I reboot my system, does it start again the previous loop, bypassing rainmeter.ini?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

FreeRaider wrote:jsmorley, to be clear: give two layouts, layout1 is one skin counting 30 seconds and layout2, one or more main skin(s), if I use your advice, I have

Windows starts, loads Rainmeter. Rainmeter loads layout1, passed 30 seconds, then would load layout2. So if I reboot my system, does it start again the previous loop, bypassing rainmeter.ini?
Right. the command line for Rainmeter will load Layout1, so it doesn't matter what is in the previously active Rainmeter.ini.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote:Right. the command line for Rainmeter will load Layout1, so it doesn't matter what is in the previously active Rainmeter.ini.
It works like charm! :D
Thanks a billion for this trick, it solves lots of things! :great: