It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:56 pm

Problem with launcher in Mass Effect skin by Uroloki

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
poseidoff

Problem with launcher in Mass Effect skin by Uroloki

Post by poseidoff »

Alright, I've been trying to fix this problem on and off for weeks now and I don't even have a clue what's going on.

Every button I've programmed in the launcher executes its command without an issue expect the second button from the bottom on either side (ButtonLeft3 and ButtonRight3 in the .ini file, highlighted in the pictures below). I am 100% sure that the paths are correct, as the buttons do work, but only when you click on the outer 1/3-1/4. I've combed through the .ini files dozens of times now and I can't find even a hint as to why this is happening to those particular buttons. I made those buttons lead to folders that I virtually never go to, but I would still like them to be functional. Anybody have any ideas?

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Problem with launcher in Mass Effect skin by Uroloki

Post by balala »

The described behavior is the result of a known property of the button meters: even if the image of the button is not rectangular, the button will register any click to a rectangular surface, not just the click to the visible surface of them. The buttons used in the Mass Effect Launcher skin, have different shapes, but the adiacent ones of them are overlaping each others, which many times can cause weird behaviors. Eg, where the invisible (transparent) parts of two buttons are overlaping each other, which one from those two will work?
To easily see what I'm talking about, try to add some solid colors to each button of the skin. Eg add the following options to the mentioned button meters:

Code: Select all

[ButtonTopLeft]
SolidColor=0,255,0,180

[ButtonLeft1]
SolidColor=0,0,255,180

[Buttonleft2]
SolidColor=125,125,0,180

[Buttonleft3]
SolidColor=255,0,0,180

[Buttonleft4]
SolidColor=255,240,0,180
These options will add colors to each button on the left hand side of the skin. Now you can see how those buttons are overlaping each other. This overlap is causing the described issue.

Unfortunately I don't see any easy solution. I think the skin wasn't well thinking by the author, these kind mistakes making the skin weird.
MikeG621

Re: Problem with launcher in Mass Effect skin by Uroloki

Post by MikeG621 »

Another thing that highlights the overlap is slowly moving the mouse around the inside edge of the buttons over the little arrows and you can light up two buttons at once. I've also tried fiddling with this in the past and I came up with just always aiming for the words.