It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:02 pm

EXPERT'S ONLY HELP REQUIRED! for Sphynx Player

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
aihehe

EXPERT'S ONLY HELP REQUIRED! for Sphynx Player

Post by aihehe »

Hey guys, is there an expert on here who can help me with my "Sphynx Player" Rainmeter skin situation{you can find it on deviantart). So i'm trying to add album art and a progress bar...sounds simple right? not really, have a look and good luck because I definitely wasn't able to do it. The reason for it's difficulty is because unlike other music players that use third party software eg. wmp, spotify and what not. This one is unique in the fact that it has it's own music player, making it a one of a kind rainmeter skin.
But I really appreciate if someone can get this done, you shall be known as master upon masters...THE SAGE of rainmeter! Would love to hear your thoughts so looking forward to the replys.

Have a good one.
Bekarfel

Re: EXPERT'S ONLY HELP REQUIRED! for Sphynx Player

Post by Bekarfel »

I don't think anyone here gets paid enough to qualify as an "expert". Good luck with your modding! ;-)
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Experts and Lawyers will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

jsmorley wrote:Experts and Lawyers will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
I think you forgot politicians :twisted:
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Sadly, MoshiAB, the EXPERT author of the SPHyNX skins, has moved on to using a MAC :-(

His designs are truly artistic an unique, but also very difficult to modify; I believe this was done to prevent someone trying to publish a crippled version of any of his work. :D

The skin you mentioned uses very basic media players (mpg123-1.15.1-x86 and gplay) to avoid using an external media player. The upside is not needing to have the external player running; however, this skin simply starts the internal player for you, which can be done in other skins with external players.

That said, these basic internal players can not provide features, available in external players, such as Cover Art or Progress indicators.

I would suggest trying MoshiAB's SPHYNX Player Tile, rather than trying to modify a simple player skin.

Have fun!
Last edited by eclectic-tech on May 30th, 2017, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
aihehe

Post by aihehe »

He moved on to the mac? what a shame. He offered some great skins during his time.
Yeah, unfortunately I came to the exact same conclusion as you, eclectic-tech.
My problem with other music player skins is that you're required to open for eg. wmp in order to play the music which I find a tad annoying and whats even more annoying is the fact that if you close wmp. your rm music player starts flashing like an alarm and you need to refresh the skin which is even more annoying lol.

nonetheless thank you for your input guys and have a good one. I shall wait patiently for breaks through in the future. It's great that the community is active also.
salmercker

Post by salmercker »

just downloaded this player. only it wont play anything for me.it loads the library just fine but when i hit play NOTHING happens.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

aihehe wrote: May 6th, 2017, 5:49 am Hey guys, is there an expert on here who can help me with my "Sphynx Player" Rainmeter skin situation{you can find it on deviantart). So i'm trying to add album art and a progress bar...sounds simple right? not really, have a look and good luck because I definitely wasn't able to do it. The reason for it's difficulty is because unlike other music players that use third party software eg. wmp, spotify and what not. This one is unique in the fact that it has it's own music player, making it a one of a kind rainmeter skin.
But I really appreciate if someone can get this done, you shall be known as master upon masters...THE SAGE of rainmeter! Would love to hear your thoughts so looking forward to the replys.

Have a good one.
An alternative: there are other (i.e. external) players in which you could create their own "skins" for that. It's about just as simple as for Rainmeter. In the cases I dealt with, those "skins" were just zipped xml files. Once you know the jargon used in the file, it can do pretty much anything the player itself does. Obviously, they should probably be able to extract the album art from a file.

Me, I had some attempts (successful, but unfinished) to create PotPlayer skins - just an example.
Of course, you'd have to try it all out for yourself, I doubt you'd find the guy to present you with the finished product on an a plate. :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth