It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:16 am

Is there a way I can have a song playing thingy that check the title of the Youtube video I'm watching?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Rainmeterguy

Is there a way I can have a song playing thingy that check the title of the Youtube video I'm watching?

Post by Rainmeterguy »

Just like a generic thing which will say "Now Playing x", doesn't need anything else, preferable not infact. I just need it to check the title of the YouTube video that is playing in my Chrome browser and say what it is. My coding skills are limited but I'm happy to learn. Thanks for any help :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Is there a way I can have a song playing thingy that check the title of the Youtube video I'm watching?

Post by balala »

Rainmeterguy wrote:Just like a generic thing which will say "Now Playing x", doesn't need anything else, preferable not infact. I just need it to check the title of the YouTube video that is playing in my Chrome browser and say what it is. My coding skills are limited but I'm happy to learn. Thanks for any help :D
For a such task, you should use the WebParser plugin, which would have to read the title of the open YouTube page. The problem is that the URL of that page should be used into the parent WebParser measure, but that's not an easy stuff. I don't see an easy way to tell that measure which is the needed URL.
Starting from this point, a few years ago, I wrote a small app, exactly for such things. As I wrote there, I'm not sure if it'll work with Chrome, because I'm still not using this browser, but maybe it worth a try.
Here is the link: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=107510#p107510
The posted package contains an exe file, be careful. Although I wrote the code of that file and I can assure you it doesn't contains anything harmful, treat it carefully.
Rainmeterguy

Re: Is there a way I can have a song playing thingy that check the title of the Youtube video I'm watching?

Post by Rainmeterguy »

balala wrote:For a such task, you should use the WebParser plugin, which would have to read the title of the open YouTube page. The problem is that the URL of that page should be used into the parent WebParser measure, but that's not an easy stuff. I don't see an easy way to tell that measure which is the needed URL.
Starting from this point, a few years ago, I wrote a small app, exactly for such things. As I wrote there, I'm not sure if it'll work with Chrome, because I'm still not using this browser, but maybe it worth a try.
Here is the link: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=107510#p107510
The posted package contains an exe file, be careful. Although I wrote the code of that file and I can assure you it doesn't contains anything harmful, treat it carefully.
I actually saw your post, as it's literally the only thread on the internet about it. I tried running the exe (GetURL) but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even run as a secondary application, even when run as admin. If I use the rainmeter skin it just has a grey box which says
Youtube:

#URL#
Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Post your code so we can see what you are doing.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
Rainmeterguy

Post by Rainmeterguy »

CyberTheWorm wrote:Post your code so we can see what you are doing.
It's just the stuff linked in the post above
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Rainmeterguy wrote:I actually saw your post, as it's literally the only thread on the internet about it. I tried running the exe (GetURL) but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even run as a secondary application, even when run as admin. If I use the rainmeter skin it just has a grey box which says
Youtube:

#URL#
Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
This only works with Internet Explorer (I used Version 11), and it shows the video title... :)

It did not work with FireFox, Chrome, or Vivaldi... :-(
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

OFF TOPIC:
eclectic-tech wrote:Vivaldi...
I follow its development and I use it from its first version. I like it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

FreeRaider wrote:OFF TOPIC:

I follow its development and I use it from its first version. I like it.
I like it too, but it is still in development, and has 'bugged out' a few times on me while using.
That not a problem, just have to start it up again :D

I use Firefox now, had use Chrome for years, until lately it started messing up by covering confirmation popups :x

Yandex browser is a pretty good browser also! :welcome:
Rainmeterguy

Post by Rainmeterguy »

eclectic-tech wrote:I like it too, but it is still in development, and has 'bugged out' a few times on me while using.
That not a problem, just have to start it up again :D

I use Firefox now, had use Chrome for years, until lately it started messing up by covering confirmation popups :x

Yandex browser is a pretty good browser also! :welcome:
You can press a button and allow all popups from the site forever
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Rainmeterguy wrote:You can press a button and allow all popups from the site forever
Allowing popups is not the answer. They are enabled...

A confirmation popup from any site should always be set as "topmost", but some jerk at Google thinks otherwise... they appear behind the disabled browser and extension install windows and cannot be selected or switched to. All you can do is blindly click escape, arrows, or space bar to continue... just a royal pain :twisted: