It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:22 pm

Show meters on full screen games

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
soyelrafa

Show meters on full screen games

Post by soyelrafa »

Hello again, I want to know now if it is possible to show meters with a key combination when a game is executing in full screen, to show info in the screen without minimizing it.

For example, to see the temperatures, the CPU / Graphic card usage etc with the game on action.
kyriakos876

Re: Show meters on full screen games

Post by kyriakos876 »

soyelrafa wrote:Hello again, I want to know now if it is possible to show meters with a key combination when a game is executing in full screen, to show info in the screen without minimizing it.

For example, to see the temperatures, the CPU / Graphic card usage etc with the game on action.
Here is an idea, add this to your code:

Code: Select all

[MeasureSurface]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Hotkey
HotKey=ALT Z
KeyDownAction=[!ClickThrough 1][!Zpos 2][!Update]

[MeasureBottom]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Hotkey
HotKey=ALT X
KeyDownAction=[!ClickThrough 0][!Zpos 0][!Update]
and press ALT Z or ALT X to show the skin above everything or to set it to its default position. Change these to whatever key combination you want in case you already use these in the game for some actions.(This might not work on some full screen game though.)
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

There is always the option of using a 3rd party program to monitor these. One could be MSI Afterburner.
soyelrafa

Post by soyelrafa »

kyriakos876 wrote:Here is an idea, add this to your code:

Code: Select all

[MeasureSurface]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Hotkey
HotKey=ALT Z
KeyDownAction=[!ClickThrough 1][!Zpos 2][!Update]

[MeasureBottom]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Hotkey
HotKey=ALT X
KeyDownAction=[!ClickThrough 0][!Zpos 0][!Update]
and press ALT Z or ALT X to show the skin above everything or to set it to its default position. Change these to whatever key combination you want in case you already use these in the game for some actions.(This might not work on some full screen game though.)
Thanks for the reply, I tried but like you said, in the two games in full screen I tried I can't get it to work.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

soyelrafa wrote:Thanks for the reply, I tried but like you said, in the two games in full screen I tried I can't get it to work.
Yea, maybe Rainmeter isn't what you are looking for, as it is not created for that kind of use. Try downloading MSI Afterburner as I mentioned before. It's an easy to use and accurate program! :)
soyelrafa

Post by soyelrafa »

kyriakos876 wrote:Yea, maybe Rainmeter isn't what you are looking for, as it is not created for that kind of use. Try downloading MSI Afterburner as I mentioned before. It's an easy to use and accurate program! :)
I think you're right. Thanks for the info of the MSI Afterburner, but I'm afraid that isn't what are I looking for neither.

In any case thanks for answer again :thumbup:
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

soyelrafa wrote:I think you're right. Thanks for the info of the MSI Afterburner, but I'm afraid that isn't what are I looking for neither.

In any case thanks for answer again :thumbup:
Ah, sorry I couldn't help. I hope someone else does.