It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:49 pm

Radian skin no song info

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Haki88

Radian skin no song info

Post by Haki88 »

Image: http://imgur.com/a/LiWSv

Instead name of artist and song i get 0 0 i tried AIMP and WMP, nothing helps.

Im searching for fix or atleast similar skin with long equalizer like in image with working song and artist name.
Last edited by Haki88 on April 12th, 2017, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Radian skin no song info

Post by balala »

Haki88 wrote:Image: http://imgur.com/a/LiWSv

Im searching for fix or atleast similar skin with long equalizer like in image with working song and artist name.
What skin are you talking about? Please post a URL where we can download the skin, or at least its name. Without these information, practically it's impossible to help.
Haki88

Post by Haki88 »

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Haki88 wrote:Image: http://imgur.com/a/LiWSv

Very confusing code! It has many errors and it's hard to follow everything that's happening there, but neither for me doesn't work.
Fix the followings:
  • All the NowPlaying (or Spotify) plugin measures ([MeasurePlayer], [MeasureTrack], [MeasureArtist], [MeasureCoverTrue], [MeasureProgress], [MeasurePosition], [MeasureLength] and [MeasurePlayPause]) are set to be parent measures. That's a not good practice at all. These measures should have a parent - child structure: one of them should be the parent measure (in this case [MeasurePlayer] for example), all other should be the child measures (if [MeasurePlayer] is the parent, [MeasureTrack], [MeasureArtist], [MeasureCoverTrue], [MeasureProgress], [MeasurePosition], [MeasureLength] and [MeasurePlayPause] should be the child measures). So, replace the PlayerName=#PlayerName# options of the child measures (listed above), with PlayerName=[MeasurePlayer].
  • Further, it seems that the Plugin option can't be set with a measure, as there is (neither if you add a DynamicVariables=1 option to all of these measures, as you should). So, replace the Plugin options of all above measures with either Plugin=SpotifyPlugin (if you are using Spotify), or with Plugin=NowPlaying (if you're using any other player). Here I just mention that I'm not using Spotify, so I'm not sure at all if the skin will work if you're using this player, but with any other, it will.
I'm not sure why some authors are publishing their skins without testing them before. Because this one for sure wasn't tested at all.
Haki88

Post by Haki88 »

I replaced all:

[MeasurePlayer]
[MeasureTrack]
[MeasureArtist]
[MeasureCoverTrue]
[MeasureProgress]
[MeasurePosition]
[MeasureLength]
[MeasurePlayPause])

with Plugin=NowPlaying , i exit then i run again rainmeter and i cant see artist-song name, not there is nothing. Cover is invisible but when i hover ove cover position it shows up and dissapear when i move away mouse. I saw also [MeasureMediaPlayer] but i didnt edit it.

https://pastebin.com/vLy6Q3G3
Last edited by Haki88 on April 11th, 2017, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Please post the actual code.
Haki88

Post by Haki88 »

This is what i edited https://pastebin.com/vLy6Q3G3

edit: u mean original, wait i need to reinstall

original: https://pastebin.com/60K6EP4u
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Haki88 wrote:I replaced all:

[MeasurePlayer]
[MeasureTrack]
[MeasureArtist]
[MeasureCoverTrue]
[MeasureProgress]
[MeasurePosition]
[MeasureLength]
[MeasurePlayPause])

with Plugin=NowPlaying , i exit then i run again rainmeter and i cant see artist-song name, not there is nothing. Cover is invisible but when i hover ove cover position it shows up and dissapear when i move away mouse. I saw also [MeasureMediaPlayer] but i didnt edit it.

https://pastebin.com/vLy6Q3G3
No, no, don't have to replace the names of the measures with [Plugin=NowPlaying]. That's not a good section name, plus this way you have six or seven same named sections. You have to replace the plugin options of all those measures. And also have to replace the PlayerName=#PlayerName# options of the child measures with PlayerName=[MeasurePlayer].
So, according to all this, the mentioned measures should be:

Code: Select all

[MeasureMediaPlayer]
Measure=String
UpdateDivider=-1
String=#PlayerName#
IfMatch=Spotify
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption ProgressBar LeftMouseUpAction ""][!SetOption ProgressBarInv LeftMouseUpAction ""]
Substitute="Spotify":"SpotifyPlugin.dll","iTunes":"NowPlaying","WMP":"NowPlaying","AIMP":"NowPlaying","CAD":"NowPlaying","MediaMonkey":"NowPlaying","Winamp":"NowPlaying"

[MeasurePlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=#PlayerName#
TrackChangeAction=[!ShowFade][!SetVariable Cover1 #Cover2#][!SetOption FlipCounter Formula 0]
PlayerType=Status
IfCondition=(MeasurePlayer=0)&&(#AutoHideVisualizer#=1)
IfTrueAction=[!HideFade]
IfFalseAction=[!ShowFade]
OnUpdateAction=[!SetVariable Cover2 [MeasureCoverTrue]]

[MeasureTrack]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=[MeasurePlayer]
PlayerType=Title
Type=TrackName
UpdateDivider=20
Substitute="":"No Track"
OnUpdateAction=[!SetVariable Track [MeasureTrack]]

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=Artist
Type=ArtistName
UpdateDivider=20
Substitute="":"No Artist"

[MeasureCoverTrue]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=Cover
Type=AlbumArt
Substitute="":"#@#nocover.png","0":"#@#nocover.png"
UpdateDivider=20

[MeasureProgress]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
Type=Progress
PlayerType=Progress
IfCondition=(MeasureProgress=99)&&(#AutoHideVisualizer#=1)
IfTrueAction=[!HideFade]
UpdateDivider=10

[MeasurePosition]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=Position
Type=Position
IfMatch=00:00
IfMatchAction=[!ShowFade]
UpdateDivider=4

[MeasureLength]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=Duration
Type=Duration
UpdateDivider=20

[MeasurePlayPause]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=State
Type=Playing
Substitute="0":"#@#Icons\Play.png","1":"#@#Icons\Pause.png","2":"#@#Icons\Play.png"
UpdateDivider=-1
But the code has a lot of other problems, too. Eg everywhere instead of \ are used / characters. Or, a section like [Radian\LinearVisualizer] (included into the code of the skin):

Code: Select all

[Radian\LinearVisualizer]
AlwaysOnTop=-2
has nothing to do with the code of the skin, it belongs to the Rainmeter.ini file, where the settings of the installed skins are stored. Other issues, like Update=15 ([Rainmeter] section), from now on, are minor ones. The problem of this last one option is that the smallest possible value of the Update is 16: read the second paragraph here.
Other issues of the skin make me to recommend to renounce using it. I know it's good looking, but the great number of errors makes very hard to fix all of them. I definitely wouldn't use it. Probably the author didn't test it enough.
That's my opinion...
Haki88

Post by Haki88 »

Thank you, its working now :)

I heard about rainmeter long time ago, and now i thought its easy so everyone can change anything with single click but no, ppl need to edit text :/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Haki88 wrote:Thank you, its working now :)

I heard about rainmeter long time ago, and now i thought its easy so everyone can change anything with single click but no, ppl need to edit text :/
Plus you have to know what to edit. It's not extremely difficult, but sometimes neither easy isn't. Depends on many...
I'm glad if I could help.