It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:18 pm

Disk Usage % with PerfMon

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Disk Usage % with PerfMon

Post by SilverAzide »

bad1080 wrote:i got this working for my 'c:' drive, but i cant figure out how to make it work for my other drives as well. my guess is the calculation would have to use diferent values but i have no idea what to change or add since nothing other than "PerfMonInstance="C:"" seems to point to a specific drive and i changed that to "d:" or more specific "#disk2#" in my case
You need a separate set of measures for every drive letter you are monitoring. If you are using the Disks Meter Gadget as your example, look at the [MeasureDiskIdleTimeN] and [MeasureDiskTimeN] measures, like you did in the skin you posted. You'll need a set of these measures for every drive you want to monitor.

Also, download the latest Gadgets here. You'll see there are 26 sets of these measures, which is rather tedious, but required if you want to handle all drives. To use the Disks Meter skin as a template, you might want to leave all the measures intact and just rip out the meters and replace them with your own design. Once it is working, you can then take out or adjust the measures to your liking.
bad1080

Post by bad1080 »

SilverAzide wrote:You won't find PhysicalDisk of much value: 1) because of partitioning, the read/write data for PhysicalDisk applies to all logical drives on that physical drive, and 2) the biggest issue is that the PhysicalDisk identifier (an integer) is determined at boot time, so if you have multiple hard drives, one may be device #0 today, and tomorrow it could be device #1.
not sure what youre trying to tell me, i have 3 drives each partitioned as 100% of their size, c: = 120gb ssd (disk 2), d: = 2tb hdd (disk 0), e: = 3tb hdd (disk 1). i have never seen them either change their drive letter (c,d,e) nor their number (0,1,2)
https://imgur.com/LxIlL6m
https://imgur.com/pVoXiZP
(embedding those didnt work...)

edit: i just saw theres something on page 2 here...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

bad1080 wrote:not sure what youre trying to tell me, i have 3 drives each partitioned as 100% of their size, c: = 120gb ssd (disk 2), d: = 2tb hdd (disk 0), e: = 3tb hdd (disk 1). i have never seen them either change their drive letter (c,d,e) nor their number (0,1,2)
The drive letters won't change, of course, but the physical disks can. Just because you haven't seen it happen does not mean it won't. The easiest example is with removable drives or external drives. You have a very simple scenario with 1 physical disk = 1 logical disk, but start throwing in Bitlocker partitions, recovery partitions, RAID arrays, StorageSpaces, and etc., and you can end up with a mismash of physical and logical disks that are not 1 for 1. With RAID/StorageSpaces, it is easy to have logical drives that span multiple physical drives. For what you want to do with Rainmeter, you typically really only care about logical disks with drive letter assignments; monitoring logical disks without drive letters and monitoring physical disks both tend not to be too useful.
bad1080

Post by bad1080 »

SilverAzide wrote:You need a separate set of measures for every drive letter you are monitoring. If you are using the Disks Meter Gadget as your example, look at the [MeasureDiskIdleTimeN] and [MeasureDiskTimeN] measures, like you did in the skin you posted. You'll need a set of these measures for every drive you want to monitor.
thank you very much, that did the trick!
one more question, when i have rainmeter monitor the free space of a drive and i have set the energy saving option for hard drives set to sleep after x minutes, will rainmeter wake them to keep monitoring?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

bad1080 wrote:one more question, when i have rainmeter monitor the free space of a drive and i have set the energy saving option for hard drives set to sleep after x minutes, will rainmeter wake them to keep monitoring?
I don't think Rainmeter would do that, it's more likely a Windows thing (i.e., RM will query and Windows will respond, but whether the response requires waking the drive I don't know... my guess is it won't since the free space can never change if the drive is asleep).