It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:04 pm

Help Creating Collapsible Skin Menu

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ackley14

Help Creating Collapsible Skin Menu

Post by ackley14 »

So i'm trying to create a collapsible menu in my skin that acts as sort of a way to hide certain objects and bring them back using a header. for a good example of what i'm talking about, look at the steam friends list and groups there)

The idea is to have a header, a collection of entries. another header, another collection of entries. when the first group of entries is collapsed, the next header is brought up to the bottom of the first header along with all of its own entries.'

I tried creating this using R for my Y offset testing with just two objects but for some reason, the top object collapses INTO the main header (doesn't collapse, just for display) which means the lower object is pushed into the header as well. Really not sure what's causing it!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help Creating Collapsible Skin Menu

Post by balala »

I'd say probably you're messed something up. If you've positioned the group of second entries, using the R relative positioning, you have to know that the size of a hidden meter is 0, so positioning another meter with X=0R (or Y=0R) will put this second meter exactly in the same position where the hidden meter should be. However it's very hard to post some concrete answer, if we don't know your code.
So, first please post the code you have so far.
ackley14

Post by ackley14 »

balala wrote:I'd say probably you're messed something up.
Yeah that about sums it up haha. I managed to figure it out thankfully. The problem was alot of y=R adjustments, specifically one meter had something like y=-32R to offset an image vertically. realized i could just use r to offset it to the meter next to it (since it was already a the right y level) and that fixed my problems!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ackley14 wrote:that fixed my problems!
Ok, I'm glad.