It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:23 pm

Save Skin Positions on a turned off monitor

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
s1mster

Save Skin Positions on a turned off monitor

Post by s1mster »

I have 3 monitors of which I mainly use 2 (so Number 3 is turned off). I have a few skins that are located on my third monitor, but as long as its turned off, the skins are on my first monitor.
Is there a way I can "save" them to the 3rd Monitor, so I only see them when its turned on?
Alternatively I could use something that makes the skins invisible as long as the 3rd monitor is powered off.
Mor3bane

Re: Save Skin Positions on a turned off monitor

Post by Mor3bane »

In the Rainmeter Manager (>right-click any skin and got to >Rainmeter>Manage)

With all three monitors turned on set everything up, then in Manage, there is a tab for Layouts

Create a Layout>name it>save it

Do the same with the 2 monitor set up

Select a layout by going to >right-click a skin>Rainmeter>Layouts>LayoutName

That is how I do it.

It is also possible to make a LeftMouseUpAction=[!LoadLayout LayoutName] on any skin that does not already have a mouse action on it.

Further it is possible to make a context menu in any skin in your suite - if you use different meters/skins from different suites then remember only the suite you set the context menu up on will remember the context information:

In the [Rainmeter] section put this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
ContextTitle=Alpha
ContextAction=[!LoadLayout "Alpha"]
Untitled.jpg
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.