It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:16 am

Button's accuracy for transparent pixels.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kyriakos876

Button's accuracy for transparent pixels.

Post by kyriakos876 »

In the image below you see a round button with zero opacity in the pixel that are out of the circle. The green dot represents the position of the mouse on each phase.(The round red-white "V" is an Image meter and the blue-white stuff behind it is a button meter)
So here is my problem:
Mouse over changes the W and the H of the Image meter. Everything works fine (Frame 1 of the picture below). If the mouse is over the frame of the button but on the transparent pixels (Frame 2 of the picture below) then rainmeter will act as the mouse is not over the meter button, thus won't change to the Hover frame of the button, but will execute the action set on the button meter, that being changing the W and the H of the icon. So it acts like it's both, mouse over and not. Executes the MouseOver Commands but won't change to the Hover frame of the button. (The button gets bigger In hover mode as seen in the .png below). I hope you get what I mean, if not let me know and I'll try to explain better.
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kyriakos876

Re: Button's accuracy for transparent pixels.

Post by kyriakos876 »

Here is a link with a video showing what I mean. (Sorry I don't know how to attach it directly.)

http://www.filedropper.com/this_3
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote:If the mouse is over the frame of the button but on the transparent pixels (Frame 2 of the picture below) then rainmeter will act as the mouse is not over the meter button, thus won't change to the Hover frame of the button, but will execute the action set on the button meter, that being changing the W and the H of the icon.
To be honest, I don't think so.
kyriakos876 wrote:I hope you get what I mean, if not let me know and I'll try to explain better.
No, at least me, I didn't get. However any button meter will receive the "mouse hovering action" even on its transparent parts, if you add a SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option to the button meter, because this option will set an invisible background to that button meter, which will interact with the mouse. Check if you have a such option on your image meter.
Anyway, instead of explaining again what you meant, please pack the whole config and upload it.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

balala wrote:To be honest, I don't think so.

No, at least me, I didn't get. However any button meter will receive the "mouse hovering action" even on its transparent parts, if you add a SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option to the button meter, because this option will set an invisible background to that button meter, which will interact with the mouse. Check if you have a such option on your image meter.
Anyway, instead of explaining again what you meant, please pack the whole config and upload it.
Yea it seems like I had a transparent image (as background) with opacity set at 1 thus making everything opaque. Thanks for the solidcolor idea :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Glad if I helped.