It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:10 pm

Visualizer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
GioRgSaVv

Visualizer

Post by GioRgSaVv »

I have monstercat visualizer running always on top(load order 0), but on top of that I have other skins for volume, folders, games, recycle bin(load order 1).
I also have visualizer in Click-Through mode, but sometimes when I click the visualizer it automatically goes on top of everything.

before: http://i.imgur.com/qBTY3QD.png
after : http://i.imgur.com/fhWFlcf.png

I can understand when this bug occurs but I can't explain it very well.

It happens when the visualizer it's down and mouse cursor is somewhere above it, when visualizer goes up but the cursor is still there, clicking the visualizer without moving the cursor, visualizer will go on top of everything and this gets on my nerves, I always have to refresh rainmeter every time this happens, even tho visualizer is in click-through mode.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Visualizer

Post by eclectic-tech »

GioRgSaVv wrote:I have monstercat visualizer running always on top(load order 0), but on top of that I have other skins for volume, folders, games, recycle bin(load order 1).
I also have visualizer in Click-Through mode, but sometimes when I click the visualizer it automatically goes on top of everything.

before: http://i.imgur.com/qBTY3QD.png
after : http://i.imgur.com/fhWFlcf.png

I can understand when this bug occurs but I can't explain it very well.

It happens when the visualizer it's down and mouse cursor is somewhere above it, when visualizer goes up but the cursor is still there, clicking the visualizer without moving the cursor, visualizer will go on top of everything and this gets on my nerves, I always have to refresh rainmeter every time this happens, even tho visualizer is in click-through mode.
LoadOrder only works with skins having the same Z-position at load time. Not sure why the skin is responding to the mouse (Dev's might need to look into that). In the meantime, have you tried setting Monstercat's visualizer Position to 'Bottom' or 'On desktop'?
position.png
Either of these additional settings should keep it beneath all your other active skins.
GioRgSaVv

Post by GioRgSaVv »

I want to see the visualizer even when I'm browsing on the internet, if I need to watch something on full screen I have another program (always on top.exe) that makes the active window, on top of everything else when I click ctrl+space. But I use this only when I watch something on full screen, but in 99% of the time I always have monstercat visualizer and other rainmeter skins always on top(so I don't have to minimize google chrome, double click on "downloads/videos etc.." folder, and then maximize google chrome)

I think this is a bug of rainmeter.. I will install another visualizer skin and see how it goes, but I'm pretty sure that I will have the same results.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/R2z0o7I.png
GioRgSaVv

Post by GioRgSaVv »

If I click after visualizer reach mouse cursor's position, visualizer automatically goes on top of everything else.

I recorded a video to show you, this is not skin's bug, but rainmeter's

Watch it in full screen and volume down.. a little bit... :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zODjByWnU8Y
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

LoadOrder has nothing to do with how skins will behave after they are loaded. It only has to do with what order they are first loaded in, so two skins with the same Z-position settings will load in the order you want. Later will be on top of earlier...

So let's get LoadOrder out of the discussion.

What it sounds like is happening is that you have two skins set to "Stay on top". They will fight to stay on top of all other "windows", including each other. I suspect that if a skin window is given "focus", that will cause it to win the fight. It sounds to me like although you have the skin set to "Click through", and so Rainmeter is ignoring clicks and mouse over events, Windows itself is giving the skin window the "focus" when you click on it.

This is some speculation. Brian will be back in a few days, and he and I will take a look at this, and see if this is the case, and what, if anything, can be done to change the behavior. We have very little control over what the OS itself does.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Hmm... Now I'm not sure.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
OnFocusAction=[!SetOption MeterOne Text "Focus"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
OnUnfocusAction=[!SetOption MeterOne Text "Not Focus"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontSize=40
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Hello World
Rainmeter is not seeing any change to focus on this skin if it is set to "Click through". There may be some difference between what Rainmeter sees for purposes of "focus" on the skin, and what "Stay on top" sees for purposes of positioning the window, but I'm less confident that Windows giving focus is the root of what you are seeing.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We need to remove your Top.exe utility from the equation. I have no idea what that does or what impact it might have on the behavior of Rainmeter.
GioRgSaVv

Post by GioRgSaVv »

Thank you so very much! I appreciate it! I hope you will be able to fix it in later updates :)

It's like click-through "reads" the current position of cursor, and not the time, so until cursor is moved it will not refresh the mode ''click through''. (I think a solution will be the ''click-through mode'' to be refreshed every millisecond or something).

so because the visualizer skin(or any skin) is moving(updating each millisecond) clicking after it is updated, current ''click-through'' doesn't count, or something like that, I'm just trying to help, I don't know much.

Again thank you very much for your time, I hope this bug will be fixed :D

Edit: after I read your last post, top.exe program has nothing to do with it, I tried it without top.exe and still same results, this bug happened before I found this top.exe program. I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with it.

Edit 2: I installed more visualizer skins with different ''codes'' on their .ini files but the results are the same.
it's like I said earlier, ''click-through'' mode isn't updating ''itself'' every millisecond while the skins are.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I just can't replicate the problem, perhaps you have some simple (I refuse to dig into some huge complicated visualizer skin) example that demonstrates the issue you are having.

I'm of the opinion that having two skins both set to "Stay on top" that overlap is going to cause problems. The issue is that they are fighting each other, every skin Update, to win the "top" battle.

So with these two skins:

Skin1.ini:

[Rainmeter]
Update=16
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
OnFocusAction=[!SetOption MeterOne Text "Skin 1 Focus"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
OnUnfocusAction=[!SetOption MeterOne Text "Skin 1 Not Focus"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontSize=40
SolidColor=54,104,179,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Skin 1 Not Focus
Skin2.ini:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
OnFocusAction=[!SetOption MeterOne Text "Skin 2 Focus"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
OnUnfocusAction=[!SetOption MeterOne Text "Skin 2 Not Focus"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontSize=40
SolidColor=54,179,54,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Skin 2 Not Focus
When you set both to "Stay on top" and "Click through", you get:
GIF.gif
Click to animate
In this case Skin2 is grabbing the top position every 1000 milliseconds. Skin1 is doing so every 16 milliseconds, so pretty much as soon as Skin2 gets it, Skin1 takes it right back.

So you get some weirdness in any case, but I can't replicate any strange behavior on any mouse click, both entirely ignore the mouse as far as I can see.
GioRgSaVv

Post by GioRgSaVv »

this happens with all the skins, I've just installed a simple clock skin and I clicked on the "seconds" of the skin, same results here too.
Even tho the clock skin were behind other skins it automatically went on top of everything while it was "click through".
if the cursor remains in the same position and click a "click-through" skin after it's refresh , the skin will automatically goes on top. Now I can confirm this.

I will edit this and I will upload another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wen3ZFHjuc
here is the video, I click very fast continuously in the same position until I click somewhere inside the skin.
Last edited by GioRgSaVv on March 15th, 2017, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.