It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:49 pm

Send notification to NXT-OS

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Lukaka

Send notification to NXT-OS

Post by Lukaka »

On the NXT-OS page, it says third party programs can send notifications to NXT-OS. How can I do this? Do I Create a file somewhere, or run a vbs or bat? How!??! Thanks guys! Here is nxt-os page: http://nxtos.com/
I'm a minecraft fan and I make custom rainmeter skins that show when a minecraft user is on! (the users have to be on a official server, for instance Mineplex will not work, but wildcraftmc will)
:welcome:
Bekarfel

Re: Send notification to NXT-OS

Post by Bekarfel »

Maybe ask the developers of the OS instead?
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
Lukaka

Post by Lukaka »

I dont know how to reach them. There is no way to find the creators, no support page...etc They use to have tutorials (this being one of them) but the page has been down for a year. (and no link from their website)
I'm a minecraft fan and I make custom rainmeter skins that show when a minecraft user is on! (the users have to be on a official server, for instance Mineplex will not work, but wildcraftmc will)
Lukaka

Found him! Here is what he said:

Post by Lukaka »

Re: NXT-OS?
Sent: Yesterday, 1:12 pm
Recipient: Lukaka
Ive been meaning to write a guide for that actually. But here is how it works.

[!CommandMeasure "Notify" "notify({name = 'Battery', group = 'Low Battery', style = 1, icon = 'Resources\\Images\\Battery.png', title = 'Low Battery!', body = '10% Remaining'})" "nxt-os\Notify"]

That bang would bring up a low battery notification that dismisses by itself

Explination of the params:

-name = 'Name Of notification' --Used to define the name of the notificaion in NXT-OS settings (required)
-group = 'Sub Group' --Used to define the sub group of the notificaion in NXT-OS settings (required)
-style = 1 --Style 1: A notifcation that shows title and body, auto dismisses, Style 2: Stay on screen untill user presses the close buttion, Style 3: notifcation has two buttons that can have the text and commands set. (required)
-sound = 0 --Can be 0,1,or 2 for different built in sounds
-icon = 'Path\\to\\icon.png' --the path to an icon relative to the notify directory. Can be accessed externally by using "$SkinsPath$\\Yourskin\\" (required)
-tint = 1 --if the icon is white then this will tint it to the same color of the text, or if the icon has color set this to 0
-title = 'Title' --the title of the notification (required)
-body = 'Body' --the body of the notification (required)
-clickaction = '[!Bangs]' --bangs exectued when the user clicks on the notification
-topbuttontext = '[!Bangs]' --the text in the top button of the style 3 notification (required for style 3)
-bottombuttontext = '[!Bangs]' --the text in the bottom button of the style 3 notification (required for style 3)
-topbuttonaction = '[!Bangs]' --the bangs executed when pressing the top button of the style 3 notification (required for style 3)
-bottombuttonaction = '[!Bangs]' --the bangs executed when pressing the top button of the style 3 notification (required for style 3)
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

Cool! :thumbup:
I uhh.. completely agree.. :???: with everything he said... with no clue what it all means :)
but I think it's great he got back in touch with you, and he knows that there's an interest in his project!
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...