It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:51 am

Skin Hiding Items

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
HawkeEye

Skin Hiding Items

Post by HawkeEye »

Is there a way to restrict icons that other applications send to the desktop so that they are not hidden behind your skin? I tried adding a rectangle behind my skin, which blocks dropping them, but if another app sends a shortcut or other item to the desktop some are always hidden behind the skin.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin Hiding Items

Post by eclectic-tech »

Not possible using only Rainmeter; Windows controls your Desktop...

You could look at StarDock's Fences, or other Desktop organizers...
HawkeEye

Post by HawkeEye »

Well i have used Stardock in the past and finally gave up on it. Seems like they are more focused on gaming and the software end of their business has suffered for lack of creativity.

The issue here is mainly the left side of the screen where Win usually starts pasting items. Maybe i need to work with my skin a little more and leave this area open to accommodate the issue.

Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

HawkeEye wrote:Well i have used Stardock in the past and finally gave up on it. Seems like they are more focused on gaming and the software end of their business has suffered for lack of creativity.

The issue here is mainly the left side of the screen where Win usually starts pasting items. Maybe i need to work with my skin a little more and leave this area open to accommodate the issue.

Thanks
Correct. Windows will INSIST that any icon on the desktop (shortcut or otherwise) will be at the bottom of the Z-position. Rainmeter skins, no matter how you set the position, will be above these, and there is no way to overcome that.