It is currently April 18th, 2024, 3:19 pm

Creating My First Skin (Batman Theme)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Odinsyn

Creating My First Skin (Batman Theme)

Post by Odinsyn »

Alright, so I am not entirely new to coding, though it has been a few years since I have done any bit of coding. (Other than some minor work in a website I built last year.)

I can pick up on it pretty easily and definitely plan to spend some time with this my next day off from work. Until then I just want to introduce myself to this awesome community and get what advice and insight I can.

I have a small obsession with Batman, and my entire computer theme (keyboard, mouse, mobo, ram, etc) is all a red theme. So my idea is to go with a Batman Beyond background to match the red theme, create a simple wheel of sorts to access Steam, Battle.net, Control Panel, Trash, File Folder, etc.

A clean yet Batmanesque techy feel is what I am going for, which I am sure is pretty simple considering the amount of detail I have seen in a few themes (in particular the JARVIS theme I came across that I decided to install just for the sake of seeing the intricacies and what extent customization can go too. That was too much for me though, key here is SIMPLE!)

I like simple, and it will be especially beneficial for my wife as she uses the computer just for job applications/social media, while I use it more for gaming/media/work etc.

Where can I start to search to learn how to create the wheel I want? I also do enjoy the little information icons and would eventually like to have a skin for fan speed/pc temp.

Any advice, suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you all for your time and support, I am excited to grow with this community!
CyberTheWorm

Re: Creating My First Skin (Batman Theme)

Post by CyberTheWorm »

You can try looking in these 2 links, there might be something similar to what you want to do.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=27
http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?section=&global=1&q=rainmeter

Best thing is find something that suits your needs and modify it. You can always ask for help

Also try doing a search for Batman Rainmeter Skins there are a few out there already.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
Odinsyn

Re: Creating My First Skin (Batman Theme)

Post by Odinsyn »

Awesome, thank you so much for the help!