It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:04 pm

Weather Map Stuff

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Lukaka

Weather Map Stuff

Post by Lukaka »

Hello Everyone, I recently installed NXT-OS and I want a weather radar that will work nicely with it. I have this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeasureAnimLoop]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureAnimLoop % 9) + 1
Disabled=1

[MeasureImage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=100
URL=http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mosaic_400x300_public/sir/inmasirCT_.gif
Download=1
DownloadFile=current.gif
ForceReload=1
FinishAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureExtract "Run"]
disabled=0

[meterBackgroundFrame]
meter=Image
x=3
y=3
H=95
W=64
ImageTint=#Color1#
ImageName="hi.png"
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseDownAction=[!UnpauseMeasure "MeasureAnimLoop"]

[MeasureExtract]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RunCommand
UpdateRate=600
Parameter=gif2frames.exe current.gif
StartInFolder=#CURRENTPATH#DownloadFile
FinishAction=[!SetOption MeterAnimLoop ImageName current0000[*MeasureAnimLoop*].png][!EnableMeasure MeasureAnimLoop]

[MeterAnimLoop]
Meter=Image
ImagePath=#CURRENTPATH#DownloadFile
DynamicVariables=1
MiddleMouseUpAction=[!PauseMeasure "MeasureAnimLoop"]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!UnpauseMeasure "MeasureAnimLoop"]
I want it to have a smooth button to turn it on or off. Like in the top left something so it could minimize and maximize. I'm hoping this is possible, Thanks guys! I'll also mess around with resizing it myself.

EDIT: Note: I haven't been able to figure out how to resize it (within the code), could someone put that in the code? Sorry I'm such a newb about this :) :rolmfao:
I'm a minecraft fan and I make custom rainmeter skins that show when a minecraft user is on! (the users have to be on a official server, for instance Mineplex will not work, but wildcraftmc will)
:welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Map Stuff

Post by balala »

Lukaka wrote:I want it to have a smooth button to turn it on or off. Like in the top left something so it could minimize and maximize. I'm hoping this is possible, Thanks guys! I'll also mess around with resizing it myself.
I'm not sure I understood what you'd like to turn on or off and I'm also not sure if the posted code is the whole code (I mean that I can't see the meter which should show the image downloaded by the [MeasureImage] measure), but if you'd like to show / hide certain meter (eg the [MeterAnimLoop] meter), just add the following meter to the end of your code:

[MeterToggle]
Meter=STRING
X=3
Y=3
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=Toggle image
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeter "MeterAnimLoop"][!Redraw]
When you click this meter, the [MeterAnimLoop] meter will be shown if it's hidden and vice-versa, it'll be hidden, if it's visible.
Lukaka wrote:EDIT: Note: I haven't been able to figure out how to resize it (within the code), could someone put that in the code? Sorry I'm such a newb about this :) :rolmfao:
You mean the [MeterAnimLoop] meter? That's an image meter, so you just have to add a proper W and H options. Also if you want to keep the aspect ratio of the downloaded image, also add the [url=https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/image/#PreserveAspectRatio]PreserveAspectRatio=1[/url] option, to the same image meter.
Lukaka

Post by Lukaka »

In response to the show/Hide option Yes, that is what I wanted and it works great! Thanks!

In response to the Resize comment:

Basically what I want is to have a W= and H= Section in the code to resize the Gif image. I have no idea how to add it in. Thanks.
I'm a minecraft fan and I make custom rainmeter skins that show when a minecraft user is on! (the users have to be on a official server, for instance Mineplex will not work, but wildcraftmc will)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Lukaka wrote:In response to the show/Hide option Yes, that is what I wanted and it works great! Thanks!
You're welcome.
Lukaka wrote:In response to the Resize comment:

Basically what I want is to have a W= and H= Section in the code to resize the Gif image. I have no idea how to add it in.
Which meter is the "Gif image"? If I'm not wrong, the [MeterAnimLoop], right? If so, add the following options to it:

[MeterAnimLoop]
W=200
H=150
PreserveAspectRatio=1
If not, add the above options to the appropriate image meter.
Obviously you have to find the best values of these options, for your needs.

Tip: W and H are options of a meter. They are not sections. The meters and measures are sections (according to the terminology of the ini files).
Lukaka

Post by Lukaka »

all of a sudden it has stopped working...
Lukaka

Post by Lukaka »

I just need a skin that downloads and plays: http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mosaic_400x300_public/sir/inmasirCT_.gif

allows me to pause the skin to save cpu/web

That I can toggle on and off

and that I can change the W/H of (size) Thanks and sorry for the confusion. I really am inexperienced with this.

also check out this: Same skin I'm trying to screw around with.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25417&p=133443&hilit=NXT+OS+widget#p133443
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:i see the current.gif in download map for the rest it does nothing... gif2 frames doesn't work
It doesn't work because you've used the RunCommand plugin in a wrong way. To fix it, replace the Parameter option of the [MeasureExtract] measure, with the following two options:

[MeasureExtract]
Program=#CURRENTPATH#gif2frames.exe
Parameter=#CURRENTPATH#DownloadFile\current.gif
Note that if you're using the Parameter option, without a Program option, the plugin will want to use as program, the default cmd.exe, but in this case not that have to be executed, but the gif2frames.exe instead. That's why you have to add the Program option. Its parameter will be the path and name of the downloaded gif file (the Parameter option). The gif is downloaded to the DownloadFile folder of the current config (see below). The path of the current config is #CURRENTPATH#, and adding the DownloadFile and the name of the downloaded gif (current.gif), will tell the app the correct path of the downloaded gif.
Be careful that if you use a DownloadFile option on the WebParser plugin measure, the file will be downloaded to the DownloadFile folder, created under the current config. That's why you have to add the #CURRENTPATH#DownloadFile\ parameter, before the current.gif name, of the downloaded gif.
Lukaka

Post by Lukaka »

I did that, now it does not extract.
Lukaka

Post by Lukaka »

I just used the old [MeasureExtract] and now it works again :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Lukaka wrote:I just used the old [MeasureExtract] and now it works again :)
You mean this one:

[MeasureExtract]
Parameter=gif2frames.exe current.gif
If yes, I'm surprised, especially that the current.gif is downloaded into the DownloadFile folder and you should tell the gif2frames app to take it from there.