It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:18 am

Font Typography Query

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Font Typography Query

Post by Mor3bane »

Ola, como est a?

Bueno.

I am trying to determine if there is an Inline feature that modifies font typography to have the first letter capital and the rest lower case - modified from an all caps string.

I have looked at the Font Typography page of the Rainmeter Manual, but most of it seems to cater to alternate languages afaik.

Any recommendations - if there are any?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
theAzack9
Developer

Re: Font Typography Query

Post by theAzack9 »

Mor3bane wrote:Ola, como est a?

Bueno.

I am trying to determine if there is an Inline feature that modifies font typography to have the first letter capital and the rest lower case - modified from an all caps string.

I have looked at the Font Typography page of the Rainmeter Manual, but most of it seems to cater to alternate languages afaik.

Any recommendations - if there are any?
I might not be understanding the question correctly, but is it the Inline Option Case setting you want? (Proper if you want each the first letter of each word to be case and Sentence if you want it to be for each sentence.

If you want it to affect the entire string can you use the StringCase option also uses Proper and Sentece :)
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

theAzack9 wrote:I might not be understanding the question correctly, but is it the Inline Option Case setting you want? (Proper if you want each the first letter of each word to be case and Sentence if you want it to be for each sentence.

If you want it to affect the entire string can you use the StringCase option also uses Proper and Sentece :)
Thanks theAzack9

But the font typography codes are all just 4 characters. Which one represents "proper" - because that is exactly what I am aiming at. :D
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

theAzack9 wrote: If you want it to affect the entire string can you use the StringCase option also uses Proper and Sentece :)
OoOoOops..

I missed this at the first read :oops:
My DevArt Gallery

theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

Mor3bane wrote:OoOoOops..

I missed this at the first read :oops:
since i already made an example ;) this is it is used with inline settings:

Code: Select all

[ProperExample]
Meter=String
Text=teSt #CRLF# i prOmIse tHIs WAs aLl TyPeD wEiRdly
InlinePattern=.*
InlineSetting=Case | Proper
You don't really need the InlinePattern option, but i like to include it for clarity :)
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

@theAzack9

BTW StringCase=Proper worked perfectly - many thanks :thumbup:
My DevArt Gallery