It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:10 pm

Rainmeter newbie looking for helpful tips and suggestions (enigma possibly?)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SilverDarkBlade

Rainmeter newbie looking for helpful tips and suggestions (enigma possibly?)

Post by SilverDarkBlade »

Completely new to rain meter as of today so please excuse if this is in the wrong place or if i sound like a total idiot ^^;

started out looking for new desktop backgrounds for my dual monitor setup and found this pretty looking thing
http://more-sky.com/data/out/8/IMG_239467.jpg

wanted to replicate it and it had the name enigma attached to it (i found the background without the layout and am using that)
googled enigma and found rainmeter. Installed it and dinked around it for a bit.

Downloaded enigma and decided i really like how default enigma looks even if its gonna need some slight customization of locations and stuff, however i have absolutely no clue how this works and its likely broken in some parts due to enigma's last update being in 2012.

After reading my day's story id like to know if you guys have any tips for getting enigma to work 100% or suggestions for better skins (preferably with similar features to enigma but im also open to new things. im experimenting here).

little extra info im on windows 7, dual monitor, use spotify as my main music program and am a fan of squares and rectangles, sleek design, and dark colors. Also lots of detail masked in a simplistic design.

Thanks for your time :welcome:
Last edited by SilverDarkBlade on March 8th, 2017, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Rainmeter newbie looking for helpful tips and suggestions (enigma possibly?)

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Try reading this first https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/getting-started/ then try making your own skin and see what you come up with, or play around with the skins in enigma to customize them.

Then if you are having issues, come back for help and post the code so others can help you.

You can always have a look here to see what other users have come up with https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=27
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
sephirotess

Re: Rainmeter newbie looking for helpful tips and suggestions (enigma possibly?)

Post by sephirotess »

Hi,

Engima is an excellent one that is indeed a fairly old suite and not updated for a long time. I do not know if anyone will help you update the skins, however, if you're looking for other good skins, look at this Link :welcome:.
SilverDarkBlade

Post by SilverDarkBlade »

hmm thanks for ideas and stuff ^^ im playing around with code and trying to somewhat replicate enigma's style and features