It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:15 am

Make windows not cross over my rainmeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Shouri

Make windows not cross over my rainmeter

Post by Shouri »

Hi guys

Ok so i made 200x1200 rainmeter with different information. Which goes from top to bottom on the right side of my second monitor. Now what (if possible) is to all windows apps ect. To accept my rainmeter to be "master" meaning then cannot cross over the border. Like if i press maximize on my Chrome browser it should not be completely full screen.
It should only be 1709x1200 instead of the full 1920x1200. If this makes sence :welcome:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Make windows not cross over my rainmeter

Post by eclectic-tech »

Look at DesktopWorkArea

DesktopWorkArea=0,0,1709,1200

Add this to the [Rainmeter] section of your 'Rainmeter.ini'; open 'Rainmeter.ini' by clicking on 'Edit settings' in the !Manage dialogue.

Be aware that any changes to your Windows taskbar settings will override this settings; Windows always wants to be in control of the Desktop! :D
Shouri

Post by Shouri »

Thanks a bunch unfortunately it does not work :(
I do have multiple monitors i read that it makes a difference. How should i alter the code?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Shouri wrote:Thanks a bunch unfortunately it does not work :(
I do have multiple monitors i read that it makes a difference. How should i alter the code?
Controlling the Desktop is not something Rainmeter is intended to do... the DesktopWorkArea at best tries to do it, but seldom succeeds!

I would really recommend looking at alternatives that are designed to do this, a quick search finds some old and new opotions:
DesktopCoral
Actual Window Manager
MaxTo
DisplayFusion

I do not used or recommend any of these; a web search for 'Reserve screen space' will find these...
any of them will work better than DesktopWorkArea in Rainmeter.