It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:48 am

Minimise/Maximize an app on Honeycomb with a bang?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eggy

Minimise/Maximize an app on Honeycomb with a bang?

Post by eggy »

Hey there!

I have a quick question about Honeycomb, is it possible to minimise/maximise a window/app then say, you rightclick?

I did some research but only found this:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=19358

It didn't really help to much, but if anyone know if it is possible and how to do it, I would high appreciate spreading the knowledge!

Best,
Eggy
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Minimise/Maximize an app on Honeycomb with a bang?

Post by balala »

eggy wrote:I have a quick question about Honeycomb, is it possible to minimise/maximise a window/app then say, you rightclick?
The following solution will open minimized or maximized a new instance of notepad.

Add the following measure to your skin:

Code: Select all

[MeasureRun]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RunCommand
Parameter=start /min "" "C:\Windows\notepad.exe"
State=Hide
Then add the following option to the meter you'd like to use to open Notepad, with a right-click: RightMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureRun" "Run"].
Obviously if you want to open another app, just have to use the appropriate path in the Parameter option of the [MeasureRun] measure.
Also, to open the app maximized, change the /min parameter of the same Parameter option, to /max.
This solution can't minimize / maximize an already running app. You can use it just to open a new instance of the appropriate app.
eggy

Post by eggy »

balala wrote:The following solution will open minimized or maximized a new instance of notepad.

Add the following measure to your skin:

[MeasureRun]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RunCommand
Parameter=start /min "" "C:\Windows\notepad.exe"
State=Hide
Then add the following option to the meter you'd like to use to open Notepad, with a right-click: RightMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureRun" "Run"].
Obviously if you want to open another app, just have to use the appropriate path in the Parameter option of the [MeasureRun] measure.
Also, to open the app maximized, change the /min parameter of the same Parameter option, to /max.
This solution can't minimize / maximize an already running app. You can use it just to open a new instance of the appropriate app.
Thanks a lot for the reply!

Oh so it is not possible, if say, google chrome is running but minimesed, for me to right click the honeycomb for it to maxamize the google chrome page? :o
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eggy wrote:Oh so it is not possible, if say, google chrome is running but minimesed, for me to right click the honeycomb for it to maxamize the google chrome page? :o
Maybe it is, I don't say it isn't, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry...
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi eggy

I am not sure for your situation exactly and don't know about Honeycomb...but maybe this method can help you?

The method is to use WindowMessage plugin such as;

[SendMessageMaximize]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WindowMessagePlugin
;WindowName="(describe Chrome Window Title here)"
WindowClass="Chrome_WidgetWin_1"
WindowMessage=274 61488 0
UpdateDivider=-1
Disabled=1

[SendMessageMinimize]
Measure=Plugin
WindowMessage=274 61472 0
UpdateDivider=-1
Disabled=1
Then, RightMouseUpAction=[!EnableMeasure SendMessageMaximize][!UpdateMeasure SendMessageMaximize] and LeftMouseUpAction=[!EnableMeasure SendMessageMinimize][!UpdateMeasure SendMessageMinimize]

Method using WindowClass works fine for other applications (for example Internet Explorer), but does not work by some reason for Chrome so far. Hmmm...Anyone?

By the way, because the window title of Chrome is variable according to situation, method using WindowName does not work practically.
eggy

Post by eggy »

mak_kawa wrote:Hi eggy

I am not sure for your situation exactly and don't know about Honeycomb...but maybe this method can help you?

The method is to use WindowMessage plugin such as;

[SendMessageMaximize]
Measure=Plugin
WindowMessage=274 61488 0
UpdateDivider=-1
Disabled=1

[SendMessageMinimize]
Measure=Plugin
WindowMessage=274 61472 0
UpdateDivider=-1
Disabled=1
Then, RightMouseUpAction=[!EnableMeasure SendMessageMaximize][!UpdateMeasure SendMessageMaximize] and LeftMouseUpAction=[!EnableMeasure SendMessageMinimize][!UpdateMeasure SendMessageMinimize]

Method using WindowClass works fine for other applications (for example Internet Explorer), but does not work by some reason for Chrome so far. Hmmm...Anyone?

By the way, because the window title of Chrome is variable according to situation, method using WindowName does not work practically.
Thanks a lot for the idea! unfortunetly it would be for programs like chrome haha, would be intresting if anyone knew if this is possible in anyway, does not seem like it though ^^
eggy

Post by eggy »

balala wrote:Maybe it is, I don't say it isn't, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry...
aw haha no worries, thanks for looking into it! :)
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

@ mak_kawa, where do you find those WindowClass commands?
...and most of all, do you have a list of (possible) commands?
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi fonpaolo

Somewhere in MSDN...:-)

Once I saw the sendmessage lParam wParam list table in MSDN site. But now I can't find it anymore. I am not sure that the list table has been deleted or not. I haven't save the table in my computer, stupid.

By the way, window operation parameter that I know is as follows:

WindowMessage=274 61472 0 ;minimize
WindowMessage=274 61488 0 ;maximize
WindowMessage=274 61728 0 ;restore
WindowMessage=274 61536 0 ;close
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Thanks mak_kawa. :D
I've already searched many times for these parameters, but I found nothing, only some C#/C++ specifics for programming...