It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:52 pm

Make a shape behind an image

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
deXxterlab97

Make a shape behind an image

Post by deXxterlab97 »

So I am trying to make a border. Sounds easy right?

It suppose to be a replacement for cover picture of my music player. If there is no cover art it would just leave a semi transparent rectangle with borders around

Code: Select all

[MeterShape]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 1, 1, 201, 201 | Fill Color 255,255,255,100 | StrokeWidth 3 | Stroke Color 255,255,255
The problem is, the shape is on top of the cover art so the semi transparency will kinda block in a way of the cover art

Code: Select all

[MeterCover]
Meter=IMAGE
MeasureName=mPlayer
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute [#path#]
X=2
Y=2
W=200
H=200
PreserveAspectRatio=1
It works fine if I just leave fill color to 255 255 255 0 because there would be nothing in it but that's not what I want.
deXxterlab97
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Make a shape behind an image

Post by balala »

Place the [MeterShape] meter before the [MeterCover] meter. The meters are drawn in the same order as they appear on the code of the skin. First you have to have the shape, then the cover, to have the cover above the shape and not vice-versa.
deXxterlab97

Post by deXxterlab97 »

balala wrote:Place the [MeterShape] meter before the [MeterCover] meter. The meters are drawn in the same order as they appear on the code of the skin. First you have to have the shape, then the cover, to have the cover above the shape and not vice-versa.
oh it is that simple. well :(
deXxterlab97
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deXxterlab97 wrote:oh it is that simple. well :(
Yes, it is. If you'll keep working with Rainmeter, after a while you'll get used to all this kind of things.
Good luck!