It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:14 am

Help publishing plugins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
closer2thelung

Help publishing plugins

Post by closer2thelung »

Hi. I am trying to publish a skin and when i try to add the spotifyplugin.dll I am getting an error that says invalid plugin. I have no problem adding the 64 bit version, but i cannot add the 32 bit version. I'm not sure if i even have it installed. Does anyone know how I would go about adding the 32bit version? I assumed the same plugin would work for both but I guess not. I don't know how to get the 32bit version. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help publishing plugins

Post by balala »

closer2thelung wrote:Hi. I am trying to publish a skin and when i try to add the spotifyplugin.dll I am getting an error that says invalid plugin. I have no problem adding the 64 bit version, but i cannot add the 32 bit version. I'm not sure if i even have it installed. Does anyone know how I would go about adding the 32bit version? I assumed the same plugin would work for both but I guess not. I don't know how to get the 32bit version. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)
Go to the Spotify plugin topic. In the first post of the topic, you'll find a sample skin. Download it.
You'll get a .rmskin file. That's a specific zip package, packed to can be installed with the Rainmeter skin installer.
Rename this file, replacing its extension to .zip. Open it with any packager app. In the Plugins folder, you have two subfolders: 32bit and 64bit. Both contain the appropriate versions of the packed plugins (near the SpotifyPlugin.dll, the package contains the ColorExtract.dll plugin too, but that's not important for your purposes). Extract the files and you have the both versions of the plugin.

Usually it'd be a good idea if the author of a plugin (any plugin) would post, near the installer package of the example skin, a so called redistributable package, with the both versions of the plugin, for the guys who want to use the plugin, in their own skin installer. But sometimes they simply don't do post a such package and in this cases, the needed plugin have to be got with the described procedure. I personally, have posted to my OpticalDriveStatus plugin (not necessary to promote my work) a such package, but many authors don't.
closer2thelung

Post by closer2thelung »

thank you so much for the help! I never realized the rmskin files were similar to zip files but i see how that makes sense now. thanks agian :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

closer2thelung wrote:thank you so much for the help! I never realized the rmskin files were similar to zip files but i see how that makes sense now. thanks agian :)
They are, just the package has a specific structure.
You're welcome if I helped.